[ Sat 4th Nov ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: [ Sat 4th Nov ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by Brownie »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:47 pm
Trek wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:38 pm Sam Brown was on his way back from a trip to the Far East.
:cool:
In 🇨🇳 Shortly back in 🇬🇧 Tomorrow back at Hayden Rd Tuesday.
We were robbed today by a bunch of winging t...ers and a very gulable incompetent Ref.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

A disgrace to football is all I can say to describe Moneyfields and the referee we had today, he must have got his badge from a christmas cracker?! I don’t moan (much!!) about the standard of referees but he had to be the worst we’ve ever had. Fell for Moneyfields cheat tactics for the whole game.

Both of their goals were from questionable free kicks. Our lads must be absolutely gutted, was one the best second half performances I’ve seen in a long time, we deserved to win that match.

Sadly I don’t think many teams will come away with three points against them, because they’ll continue to con referees.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Rushden123

Post by Rushden123 »

A game we should have won but was still an enjoyable afternoon which can’t have been said every game this season. Even though I’m not his biggest fan you have to credit peaksy with the half time changes with the change of formation and players improving us after a flat first half performance. We dominated possession and the game second half and were superb, there has to be a starting position for Bell toxtle who was one of the main reasons for this. The key moment of the game was the dolman free kick at 2-1 when Lorraine ( who was poor as usual) missed the tap in chance that goes in and it’s game over. And yes there cheating was awful and the ref useless.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I totally agree. They were the worst example of so called sportsmen. Disgraceful.
Well played to the Diamonds lads you can hold your heads up high and now go on a great run.
AFC R & D member number 34
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

agree with all the comments so far. anyone behind the goal see if the ball crossed the line? looked like it hit the bar and bounced over the line and span out, from where i was stood on the side.
as for their bloke making gestures to the crowd and then getting sent off, what a tw@t. talk about letting your team down.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

therushden wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:08 pm agree with all the comments so far. anyone behind the goal see if the ball crossed the line? looked like it hit the bar and bounced over the line and span out, from where i was stood on the side.
as for their bloke making gestures to the crowd and then getting sent off, what a tw@t. talk about letting your team down.
They more than likely were laughing about it on their way home.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Basil

Post by Basil »

If Moneyfields win this league (and I seriously hope they don’t!!!!) then they will have conned they’re way to it. They are the most horrible team I’ve ever had the misfortune to watch. We’ve seen many teams crying like babies when tackled only to get up and play on but Moneyfields were the absolute masters of deception today! It’s just such a shame that the ref was as incompetent as they were as a stronger ref would of cottoned on to their tactics much earlier than this muppet did and it would of been a whole different result!!!!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

I understand that Westwood was suspended and Smith was unavailable. Moneyfields wanted it more than we did in the first half but thanks to Peaksy's inspired substitutions and change of formation we were the better team in the second half.

I am not going to write about what I feel about Moneyfields attitude because it would be libellous but suffice to say that it was the first time as a journalist that I've suggested to listeners that a team had destroyed the 'beautiful game' in a single 45 minute spell!!!
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm
Olly wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:56 pm Gutted, such a transformation in the second half, a brilliant performance too and we were minutes away from headlines of 'Diamond wins it for Diamonds'. Even more disappointing to concede like that in such typical fashion, we seem to have been incapable of dealing with crosses into the box from set pieces for quite a while now and it was tough to see that them grab a lucky point like that and celebrate like they'd won the league, they could have had more in the first half, but we really should have ended their unbeaten run today, it feels like a big missed opportunity, even if we more than proved ourselves of being more than capable of challenging at the top.

Also, did I imagine it, or did I see another one of their players shown red after the full time whistle? It was a bizarre refereeing performance to say the least.
Yea the big number 8 was red carded. Just dessert's for their winging and moaning, time wasting and trying to influence the referee tactics. Was a brilliant second half performance and you have to hand it to peaks for making two half time subs and going three at the back. Solid performance from debutant Robbins winning the penalty and a great introduction from ben diamond to score what looked like being the winner. We need to keep these performances up and we'll sray in the hunt. Anybody know where Westwood, Brown and smith are? All three are key players that have done well this season
It was no. 4 who was red carded after the game. From Diamonds Twitter feed

'Can confirm Moneyfields’ Lewis Fennemore received a second yellow card after full time for foul and abusive language and inciting the crowd'

Our team must be gutted after what was a really good 2nd half performance, but we must defend set-balls better

It was pretty obvious from the off what their tactics were going to be - never seen an away team 'celebrate' like that to the home fans before.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

In the heat of the moment it's easy to throw out 'that's the worst one ever', 'best one ever' etc. Having slept on it I still think that is the most antagonistic and cheating set of players i've ever seen. I can recall some instances in the past when players and fans have been goaded - Spalding at home last season being one - but I can't remember a team doing it as blatantly and aggressively as Moneyfields did yesteday. I appreciate that they had been getting some stick from the crowd (which was self-inflicted and completely warranted) but perhaps, coming from a level below, they're not used to dealing with that level of stick from a crowd of that size. They are, after all, used to playing in front of one man and his dog.

On yesterday's evidence I just cannot understand how they are top of this league. To come to us, with our extremely patchy home record and play in such an appalling manner was a strange choice. I have to assume that they are capable of playing football to be comfortably top and unbeaten, but I didn't see that yesterday. They had no stand-out players, just elite-level cheaters.

I don't know if it's more trouble than it's worth reporting a referee but I think yesterday was a perfectly justified case for doing just that. The way he allowed Moneyfields to do what they did, stopped the game so incessantly, gave a host of awful decisions and just generally lost control of the game very early on smacks of a man who simply shouldn't be refereeing at even this level. I recognised him which is never a good sign - I think he's reffed us recently. Can somebody confirm?

Regarding all 3 penalty appeals on Robbins, I thought the first was a definite dive (which was waved off), the second soft but you've seen them given (and he gave it). The third looked a stone-waller and yet he's booked him for diving.

Both free-kicks leading to their goals were very poor decisions in my book. The first free-kick you can do nothing about, the second free kick was another case of us failing to deal with a ball in to the box. With an extra man and a 1-goal lead we've got to see those kind of situations out.

Fair play to the management for changing it at HT when things clearly weren't working. We were excellent second-half and Diamond's fleeting appearance was very promising. We deserved the win for just about every reason imaginable but ultimately it's another 2 points dropped. It's a pity we don't have a league game on Tuesday to bounce back.

I notice their number 4 (who was sent off after the final whistle) has gone after Robbins on Twitter - unsolicited it would appear.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291