[ Sat 4th Nov ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 4th Nov ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: [ Sat 4th Nov ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

Cambridge City lost 1-3 last night to Hayes. Which means we only have to win on Saturday and we could be in second place. No problem!!!!!
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:02 am Cambridge City lost 1-3 last night to Hayes. Which means we only have to win on Saturday and we could be in second place. No problem!!!!!
Not wishing to put a dampener on your positive outlook on last nights result, but it probably also confirms H & Y as yet another serious promotion contender, a list which for me now stands at 10.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Brownie wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:46 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:02 am Cambridge City lost 1-3 last night to Hayes. Which means we only have to win on Saturday and we could be in second place. No problem!!!!!
Not wishing to put a dampener on your positive outlook on last nights result, but it probably also confirms H & Y as yet another serious promotion contender, a list which for me now stands at 10.

My list stands at 7. Care to make any predictions?
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

We only need to worry about ourselves. If our team turns up and plays to its best we'll win this league.
AFC R & D member number 34
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Gutted, such a transformation in the second half, a brilliant performance too and we were minutes away from headlines of 'Diamond wins it for Diamonds'. Even more disappointing to concede like that in such typical fashion, we seem to have been incapable of dealing with crosses into the box from set pieces for quite a while now and it was tough to see that them grab a lucky point like that and celebrate like they'd won the league, they could have had more in the first half, but we really should have ended their unbeaten run today, it feels like a big missed opportunity, even if we more than proved ourselves of being more than capable of challenging at the top.

Also, did I imagine it, or did I see another one of their players shown red after the full time whistle? Can't help but wonder how much of their record this season is down to their dirty tactics and skills in manipulating the officials. It was a bizarre refereeing performance to say the least.
Last edited by Olly on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Olly wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:56 pm Gutted, such a transformation in the second half, a brilliant performance too and we were minutes away from headlines of 'Diamond wins it for Diamonds'. Even more disappointing to concede like that in such typical fashion, we seem to have been incapable of dealing with crosses into the box from set pieces for quite a while now and it was tough to see that them grab a lucky point like that and celebrate like they'd won the league, they could have had more in the first half, but we really should have ended their unbeaten run today, it feels like a big missed opportunity, even if we more than proved ourselves of being more than capable of challenging at the top.

Also, did I imagine it, or did I see another one of their players shown red after the full time whistle? It was a bizarre refereeing performance to say the least.
Yea the big number 8 was red carded. Just dessert's for their winging and moaning, time wasting and trying to influence the referee tactics. Was a brilliant second half performance and you have to hand it to peaks for making two half time subs and going three at the back. Solid performance from debutant Robbins winning the penalty and a great introduction from ben diamond to score what looked like being the winner. We need to keep these performances up and we'll sray in the hunt. Anybody know where Westwood, Brown and smith are? All three are key players that have done well this season
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

First half was same old huff and puff but credit where its due, at HALF-TIME a double sub and change of formation and it worked, so unlucky not to win in the end, we just need to go on a run now and pick up 3 points next Saturday.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Sam Brown was on his way back from a trip to the Far East.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Trek wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:38 pm Sam Brown was on his way back from a trip to the Far East.
:cool: