[ Sat 4th Nov ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pressman

Re: [ Sat 4th Nov ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by Pressman »

This is two different players. Both played for their respective clubs on the 9th December.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Pressman wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:00 pm This is two different players. Both played for their respective clubs on the 9th December.
That is some coincidence considering these clubs are only a few miles apart.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:34 pm
Pressman wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:00 pm This is two different players. Both played for their respective clubs on the 9th December.
Yup only takes about 15 minutes to drive between the two cities.
Mind you, I remember way back the old Scarborough club had two players with exactly the same name (Harry Dunn?). Neither had a middle name, so they had to give one of them a fictitious 'A' to distinguish them in match reports etc.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Sid wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:42 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:34 pm
Yup only takes about 15 minutes to drive between the two cities.
Mind you, I remember way back the old Scarborough club had two players with exactly the same name (Harry Dunn?). Neither had a middle name, so they had to give one of them a fictitious 'A' to distinguish them in match reports etc.
Indeed they did, in the days when they went to Wembley 3 times in about 5 years. One of the Harry Dunn’s then went on to manage the Club and basically became Mr Scarborough, about a year ago I had a HGV driver come to collect a trailer from me, he was the son-in-law of said Harry Dunn, 3 cups of coffee & 2 hours later we stopped talking football and he left. I think Harry is still going strong and had near legend status in the Town.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

We of course had two David Bell's at one time (plus a supporter of the same name). Although one never made the first team and their careers took very different paths.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

davealbon wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:01 am We of course had two David Bell's at one time (plus a supporter of the same name).
David Bell, David J. Bell and Sir David Bell. In my last year at school we had three pupils named Graham Williams in my form and not one of them was Welsh.