[ Tue 24th Oct ] v Barton Rovers, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Re: [ Tue 24th Oct ] v Barton Rovers, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by BartonRaz »

Comfortably our best performance since Dunstable a month ago. We controlled the game from start to finish and Ben Farrell absolutely ran the show. The changes to freshen up the starting XI improved us seemingly although the opposition were pants.

I was pleased to see Nabil score as we've been desperately short of goals from the forwards lately. Hopefully that gives him some confidence.

We're able and capable to put that sort of performance in but what we haven't been able to do for 16-18 months is back it up with a handful of performances of a similar standard, so I'm not going to get carried away.

A huge amount of goals in our league tonight, including Ashford 10-0 Fleet.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Goals galore in the league tonight and last night. 53 so far and still one game tomorrow.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

How many times did we hit the bar? Back to the Rushden we know they can be.
And who said 5-0? Usually turn to my mate after ten mins and say, ' this has got 0-0 written all over it '.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

A good confidence building win last night. A number of personnel changes, enforced and otherwise, freshened us up and it was nice to see John Dean who, in his cameo appearance, showed that he will give us something different.
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

Unofficial Real Bedford forum
https://realbedfordforum.uk/

Unofficial AFC Rushden & Diamonds forum
https://www.afcdiamondsforum.uk/
Easton Diamond
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Easton Diamond »

The recent criticism has been understandable but it’s only right to give the players credit for bouncing back with that professional performance last night. Particularly pleasing was the fact we didn’t just sit on the three goal lead but instead pushed on for more goals in the second half. The goal difference may turn out to be important come the business end of the season. Great to see Ben Farrell returning to the form he showed last season whilst Joel Gyasi and Liam Dolman were superb throughout although the performances all round were excellent.

Just looking at the highlights I’m not sure their goalkeeper has much of a hand left after trying to stop Bully’s rocket of a free-kick - what power! Towards the end it seemed that the Barton players had stopped worrying about their own terrible performance and set about trying to blame their predicament on the ref, who incidentally I thought had a decent game and largely went unnoticed.

It really is tight at the top with just three points separating the eight teams below Moneyfields, who I must say are looking rather unstoppable at the minute. That match in 10 days time will certainly give us some perspective as to where we are currently at and how serious we really are about pushing for promotion. Nice though that we go into the match with some good momentum.