[ Sat 21st Oct ] v Hayes & Yeading Utd FC, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Re: [ Sat 21st Oct ] v Hayes & Yeading Utd FC, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by fentiger79 »

Tuesday yes. Although my assessment is spread over the last 5 or 6 games.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

YoungDiamond wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:51 pm Our best player is Liam Dolman and he is playing in his correct position. What positions do you think we are weaker in, Oundle Diamond? I think we have recruited well this season across most areas, perhaps needing another striker. We still have Ashton and Oulton to come back. 3 points are a must tomorrow night.
Despite my biases towards the swarms of ex teammates in our current squad, IMO Dolman is our second best player, behind Hoban. They both deserve better than either being paired with players out of position, or being played out of position themselves. Get Dolman a centre back to partner with, and play Hoban on the left wing!!! We will murder teams with Hoban and Gyasi on the wings.

As for other posts on this thread, the above would mean Sam Brown should indeed revert back to left back, where he’s managed to see off the challenge of very good players like Jason Lee, and can rekindle his 15/16 killer partnership with Claudiu, relegating Mr Ford and Mr Fairlamb back to the bench. Diamonds C of E bosses made a similar decision 9 years ago so I’d appreciate the same course of action being taken by Peaks to ensure we get promoted. Unlike Chelsea, who Brown Snr introduced to the debate, there is no debate about where we should be this season and no flexibility on the importance of achieving that objective.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

I honestly don't know why people entertain the opinions of OD(massive)#2. Considering the amount of games he doesn't attend, he seems to know a lot about what our problems are :hmmm:
Oundle Diamond #2

Dowlo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:15 am I honestly don't know why people entertain the opinions of OD(massive)#2. Considering the amount of games he doesn't attend, he seems to know a lot about what our problems are :hmmm:
They must have read my football CV. I’ve also been to 3 of the last 4 games...
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:26 pm
Dowlo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:15 am I honestly don't know why people entertain the opinions of OD(massive)#2. Considering the amount of games he doesn't attend, he seems to know a lot about what our problems are :hmmm:
They must have read my football CV. I’ve also been to 3 of the last 4 games...
Your claims to have been a teammate of everyone between 19 and 28 who ever put on an old Diamonds shirt being part of that illustrious CV, though given the criteria appears to be kicked a ball somewhere near, I can today announce my former teammates include, Chopper Harris, Peter Osgood, Bob Latchford and Paul Gascoigne, and it's possibly worth mentioning I have also sung with Lionel Richie, Bryan Ferry, Dame Shirley Bassey and Don Henley to name but a few. Given this was titled Hayes and Yeading FC please impart your words of wisdom upon us as to what you thought of the last few games as your experience of them extended beyond 5 minutes of highlights.
Oundle Diamond #2

Haha.

Pretty simple really. Haven’t recruited in the right areas and key players are out of position. Another manager could get more out of this squad, the majority of which should be good enough to get us promoted. There’s nothing more frustrating than being so close...
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Brownie wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:48 pm I have also sung with Lionel Richie, Bryan Ferry, Dame Shirley Bassey and Don Henley
That explains your high singing voice ;-)
AFC R & D member number 34
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Brownie wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:48 pm Bob Latchford
No one is going to know who Bob Latchford is, although OD2 probably played with him at some point.