[ Sat 10th Oct ] v Egham Town, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: [ Sat 10th Oct ] v Egham Town, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by BartonRaz »

I thought we were appalling in the first half. We couldn't string two passes together and were so quick to bypass the midfield, it was really awful stuff. I heard somebody near the dugout shout "this is a shit game" a few minutes before half-time and although humerous I think that about summed it up.

Second half we were considerably better, getting the ball out quickly to the wide players and causing Egham problems as a result. In the end I thought we were worthy of 3 points. Sadly, it wasn't to be.

Away from home, when games are tight its not unusual for us to find a way to win. Off the top of my head I can think of quite a few examples. At home, if we don't make a breakthrough early on you know exactly what's going to happen. I think we've only won 1 home league game in the last 12 months in those circumstances - Leek back in March.

I overheard (so apologies if this is incorrect) that Matt Finley and Chris Dillon have left the club. If that's correct then I sincerely hope that frees up some of the wage budget to be used to bring in a striker of real quality to ease the burden on Nabil who looks like he needs a rest.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

I thought first half individual performances were very poor. Bunting, Westwood, Lorraine. For me Bunting does not offer enough to warrant the 'first name on the team sheet' status. Second half we put a few passes together and got some luck down the wings but in general the quailty of the cross was poor.

A draw against a fellow top 10 side is not the end of the world but I said before the game it was a must win. Performances like that will get ripped apart against the better sides.
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

we can't cross to save our lives and lose throw ins too easily.
we've seen this game all too often this season.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Sorry to say this, but Dillon will be no loss whatsoever
His year out has obviously destroyed his game. Let's hope we can find someone who knows where the net is. Finners departure, if correct is not unexpected, but he has been great for us over the past couple of seasons.To be fair to Peaksy he strengthen all our weaknesses during summer, that is all but that vital striker to support Nabil. Gilchrist could be a good signing and I expect a new striker this week.......maybe in time for Tuesday.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

diamondsteve wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:51 pm Cannot even bare to look at the table . Such a good side but producing nothing :blink:
Its not that bad at present, six points adrift from 2nd place but carry on with the draws and by the end of the year we will be adrift by a long margin from the top spots.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Biggles wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:46 am
diamondsteve wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:51 pm Cannot even bare to look at the table . Such a good side but producing nothing :blink:
Its not that bad at present, six points adrift from 2nd place but carry on with the draws and by the end of the year we will be adrift by a long margin from the top spots.
Yeah that’s what I am worried about . moneyfields must have an absolutely great side. Two away games up next... at least we play better away because teams don’t sit back . Just need to learn how to break teams down when they come to ours
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

To quote one of my favourite philosophers Pascal, “nothing is as approved as mediocrity”, although I’m glad to see over a year late, fans on here finally beginning to rise up against the decay on the pitch that has been in full swing for 18 months.

Two of my old school friends went yesterday and have reported back saying it was one of the most unenjoyable games of football they’ve ever seen, and there’s not a chance they’re going back. Sad day.

How on earth can a squad containing Joel Gyasi, Claudiu Hoban and Ben Farrell lead to an evaluation such as that? Peaks, please don’t leave our best player on the bench, and when you play him, please put him in his correct position. He’s five times the player Fairlamb is.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:19 am How on earth can a squad containing Joel Gyasi, Claudiu Hoban and Ben Farrell lead to an evaluation such as that? Peaks, please don’t leave our best player on the bench, and when you play him, please put him in his correct position. He’s five times the player Fairlamb is.
Based on what I've seen this season Hoban doesn't deserve to start ahead of Gyasi or Fairlamb. You could argue that he deserves to start as a second striker. I'd say Fairlamb has possibly been our best player this season so to say that Hoban is 5x the player is unfair at best.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Further to my post about Dillon, surely it is time to give Osei a run out. He certainly can be no less effective than some of the others that are ahead of him at present. Signing supposedly top rate strikers that fail once they put on a Diamonds shirt is not an option.(Berwick, Sandy?)

Do we not have any contacts at higher clubs who have a hungry young striker we could loan. Is there a another Billy Sharp just waiting to join us?
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by real diamond »

Disappointing showing again, this is not helping the so called Hayden Road bounce. IMO the best squad we have had since the formation of the club and we are woefully underachieving.

Also last week we had people on here that knew the weekly budget and now this week we hear rumours of players leaving before the club have officially announced anything, disappointing to hear all this via a fans forum rather than official channels.