[ Sat 10th Oct ] v Egham Town, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Oundle Diamond #2

Re: [ Sat 10th Oct ] v Egham Town, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

BartonRaz wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:50 am
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:19 am How on earth can a squad containing Joel Gyasi, Claudiu Hoban and Ben Farrell lead to an evaluation such as that? Peaks, please don’t leave our best player on the bench, and when you play him, please put him in his correct position. He’s five times the player Fairlamb is.
Based on what I've seen this season Hoban doesn't deserve to start ahead of Gyasi or Fairlamb. You could argue that he deserves to start as a second striker. I'd say Fairlamb has possibly been our best player this season so to say that Hoban is 5x the player is unfair at best.
Better than Gyasi?

Two years ago, Hoban ripped apart this league playing left wing. He also made me purr watching him at Tooting & Mitcham last season as they came 1st in the Isthmian South. He's the most talented attacking player to ever put on a AFC Rushden shirt, and IMO should start.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:39 am
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:19 am How on earth can a squad containing Joel Gyasi, Claudiu Hoban and Ben Farrell lead to an evaluation such as that? Peaks, please don’t leave our best player on the bench, and when you play him, please put him in his correct position. He’s five times the player Fairlamb is.
Based on what I've seen this season Hoban doesn't deserve to start ahead of Gyasi or Fairlamb. You could argue that he deserves to start as a second striker. I'd say Fairlamb has possibly been our best player this season so to say that Hoban is 5x the player is unfair at best.
Better than Gyasi?

Two years ago, Hoban ripped apart this league playing left wing. He also made me purr watching him at Tooting & Mitcham last season as they came 1st in the Isthmian South. He's the most talented attacking player to ever put on a AFC Rushden shirt, and IMO should start.
Not been showing it yet this season tho I'm afraid. I was a big fan of hoban first time around and was pleased to see he'd resigned. But he's not fermented a place in the starting line up at the mo. Fairlamb was one of our better players yesterday and although gyasi was quiet, has set to be awarded player of the month for September. He should however start alongside shariff on Tuesday, but it seems to me that he returned to afcrd on his previous reputation for the club, which hasn't happened elsewhere.
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Thought the players put a lot of effort in which is why I still clapped them off, however if you don't have a plan A let alone a plan B we will struggle to create no matter how good the players are. In the last 3 season we have always struggled against well organised sides, please feel free to explain why this is? AP recently said Bunts gets picked because hes always talking and motivating the team, surely that the managers job? We improved once Fernando and Claudio come on which should of been at ht and it was clear in the 1st half we wasn't ever going to score.
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:13 am
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:39 am

Better than Gyasi?

Not been showing it yet this season tho I'm afraid. I was a big fan of hoban first time around and was pleased to see he'd resigned. But he's not fermented a place in the starting line up at the mo. Fairlamb was one of our better players yesterday and although gyasi was quiet, has set to be awarded player of the month for September. He should however start alongside shariff on Tuesday, but it seems to me that he returned to afcrd on his previous reputation for the club, which hasn't happened elsewhere.
Claudio made an impact when he came on, put a fantastic cross in at the end, beat his man on the left, got to the byline and put a cross in over the keeper and lorraine missed from a yard :ohmy:
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 84 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I am with Oundle Diamond on this, Hoban is easily the best attacking player we have ever had at AFC. I thought Fairlamb was going to run him close at the start of the season but unfortunately he has been poor lately. I would however agree that maybe alongside Shariff on Tuesday for hoban but if things don't pick up he has to start on the wing. Additionally Fernando must be in the starting line up on Tuesday. Farrell was shocking, bunts average yet we have a young lad who is hungry, quality and wants to make things happen. The pass he made to Hoban in the second half was a sign of what we need.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 81 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

sandringhamdiamond wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:42 am Thought the players put a lot of effort in which is why I still clapped them off, however if you don't have a plan A let alone a plan B we will struggle to create no matter how good the players are. In the last 3 season we have always struggled against well organised sides, please feel free to explain why this is? AP recently said Bunts gets picked because hes always talking and motivating the team, surely that the managers job? We improved once Fernando and Claudio come on which should of been at ht and it was clear in the 1st half we wasn't ever going to score.
Agreed and this is what hasn't changed. How many times have we complained that against well organised teams, We have no Plan B? So frustrating and all too common.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

I honestly don’t think we played too bad yesterday. They were a very big strong side, decent back 4. Second half I thought we played well. We should’ve tested them more, particularly when there big lump of a centre half went off, who was having a good game and then they went down to 10.

I’m not being drawn into a debate about Dillon. He is a VERY good footballer and if he has left, then it is a shame. It just hasn’t quite worked out for him. You know what you’re getting with Tom, he’s never been the most technically able, hence his knickname, but I cannot for the life of me understand, so called fans giving him stick. He runs tirelessly, gives his absolute all and it’s not coincidence he’s the clubs top goal scorer. Would I start him every week? No. But he is a fantastic option for the management. With his physique, if he was technically better, he’d be playing at step 2.

It’s quite clear that teams regard us as candidates for promotion, whereas they didn’t the last time we were in the division and the opposition certainly didn’t last year. The way teams set up against us is very negative. What concerns me is that we haven’t really worked on a plan B, for when it happens. I haven’t got the answer to that, but every team to play us at home this season hasn’t really troubled us defensively. Hence why we have the best defence in the league. I don’t know, may for the last 15 yesterday, or certainly against arlesey, we could go 3 at the back and push wing back up high and wide. Maybe Osei could offer a different threat. Away from home we’ll be fine, and I think we’ll be fine against the better teams that will come at us but we really do need to break teams down and create more clear cut chances.

..................................Heath

..................Gilchrist.....Dolman.....Brown

..........Westwood....Farrell....Bell-Toxtle....Fairlamb

.....................Gyasi....................Hoban
..................................Sharif

My only suggestion for when teams sit back against us at home...
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

I'm largely in agreement with Jaff, in that I don't think we played badly yesterday, we just missed that moment of quality in the final third. Had we not dropped points against poor sides recently and not exited the Trophy with such a whimper last week, then we'd have shrugged off yesterday's result and said it was just one of those games where we couldn't break down a strong, well organised side, but no shame in dropping a couple of points against one of the better teams in the league. As it is though, the game just served to further highlight our lack of a plan B, and increase the growing frustrations around the club at the moment. We needed a positive reaction to recent performances, but were left wanting again.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

Unofficial Real Bedford forum
https://realbedfordforum.uk/

Unofficial AFC Rushden & Diamonds forum
https://www.afcdiamondsforum.uk/
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

A bore draw is probably the best way to describe yesterdays game. Not good enough!
Like the game against Alfreton, we only seemed to start playing about 10/15 minutes before the final whistle. Seemed to play with little urgency.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73