It is time for change

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Re: It is time for change

Post by Dbsl »

Yesterday for the first time ever I nearly walked out before the end. Why? It wasn't just the abject performance it was because what i will label as a bunch of casual supporters walking out laughing at our players, our team. That really hurt but we need casual supporters to come through the gate. I don't believe our attendances are any better than the D&D and that is concerning.

Something is clearly not right at the moment. On paper we probably have the strongest squad we have ever had at this level.

Not for the first time this season the body language of some players was lethargic to say the least. again I saw players arguing with each other and moaning at each other if a bad pass was made. At present and to often, we don't seem to play as a team. We have individuals that want to beat the world before they pass or shoot. When we play as a team and do the simple stuff look what happens. Fleet, Dunstable, Thame, St Neots.

It upsets me to say this but perhaps we are getting over familiar with each other in the dressing room and may be a bit stale. Let's see what the next 4-5 matches give us but then it could be the time for a bit of a shake up within the coaching staff
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

We probably rely on nabs too much. When he doesn't score, there seems to be no rush into executing plan b. If there's a plan b at all.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Dbsl wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:01 am
I don't believe our attendances are any better than the D&D and that is concerning.
We are currently averaging 498 which is about an improvement 50 more than our final season overall average last season so it is spot on with the Board's projection when the 'Ground Option' Presentation was given last January by our Chairman. We are 75th in the global non-league attendance table.

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/8/

Whilst I would, of course, like to see a bigger improvement from relocating to Hayden Road and greater support from the younger community players which I think the Club should actively work on too many fans, I feel, were overly optimistic on the 'Rushden' effect in predicting what our attendances would be this season.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

result industry,,,,,win games=more fans ,,, top of the league (or near top) =more fans ,,,, good footbal =more fans,,,,,
why are we so obsessed with attendance,theres not a lot we can do about that ,other than above,-----midfield was very poor yesterday,,,,strike force where poor ,,,nabs spent too much time chasing the ball wide,,the other one ..hmmm,ill keep my comments to myself,,ive always thought finners was better than heath,not sure now ,his service was woefull,fordy looked as though he couldnt be arsed.......the passion and fight seems to have gone,,,,but this stems from the management,,,,,,,i fetched a ball ,and took it down to the dugouts,at this point,callum messed about with the ball while being challenged,ok he got away with it,,all peaksy said,quietly,"callum,dont take liberties up there"....id have ripped him a new one :blink: all he does is wisper behind his hand to lambo,like a tell tail tit,bark at the players,,thats what hes there for,,guide them also,he has the experience
what summed it up for me was, as i left the ground ,i walked past the changing rooms.....to a corus of--------
"theyre f,ing sh*t...theyre f,ing sh*t.......theyre f,ing sh*t
Last edited by discodunk on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Going out yesterday and already being out of the FA cup, could be a blessing in disguise. We have one objective this seasons which MUST be met. The board, will have had hat discussion with peaksy and if it isn't met I'm sure they'll be a change. Our problem, as fans, is that we'll worry that if we don't meet those expectations we won't get another opportunity as good as this one, and we'll be left with a change of management and going through a transitional period. Which is why we need success quicker than the management team. Because let's face it, rightly or wrongly, they'll be given until the end of the season.

I can completely understand everyone's opinions on this. Personally, I don't think changing the management team is the answer. Is peaksy and co tactical geniuses? No. Are we? No. Is there a better option out there at he moment? I don't think so. But It certainly won't help the cause at present.

Personally, I would straight swap both our central midfielders for the two sat on the bench yesterday, for starters. Bunts is class, but needs to be managed. Peaksys opinion on bunts is that, if he's fit, he starts. This is far too blinkered imo. There are only two players in the squad that warrant that status.

This is going to be our best ever chance of promotion and if we don't get it, we'll change the management team. But they deserve this season, at least until the new year.

What's more important than discussing personal, is he way in which we set up. We have got to expect teams to park the bus against us and hit us on the counter particularly at home, like Arlesey, because if they don't and they play 3 up top, we'll destroy them, like Dunstable. So we need a plan b. we should've changed our shape against arlesey and Chalfont way before half time, not with 15 minutes to go.

As long as we're within 6 points of the leaders at Christmas, I'll be content. Not happy, just content.

Let's all stick together, for now!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Basil

Post by Basil »

[quote=d
what summed it up for me was, as i left the ground ,i walked past the changing rooms.....to a corus of--------
"there f,ing sh*t...there f,ing sh*t.......ther f,ing sh*t
[/quote]

I heard this too and thought it was very very poor from a bang average Kidsgrove!!!!!! Saying that though, if that doesn’t motivate our players and management to do better then nothing will.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by fentiger79 »

It has not been good enough in many games this season. Two basic changes that must happen is another centre half so Brownie can go back to left back. Also Fernando must start the next game, he is young, hungry, moves the ball well and quickly, wants to get involved, and is a very good player.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

TBH I really wasn’t bothered about the cup game yesterday. And I don’t think peaks is too . Now remember one of his post match interviews a few weeks ago saying that the league this season is our bread and butter! That’s the first time I’ve heard him say that about a cup game . Obviously not the Fa cup... but now we have drawn the scum in the southern league cup maybe he’s just thought about that and the league now . I mean this season is different to last we HAVE to go up and peaks and lamby know this . So that’s probably why they don’t want there eggs in so many baskets. And it doesn’t take long for the players to get that mindset too!

I believe that the players and coaching staff wasn’t that bothered about yesterday’s game nor should we .

Look at the table now ££££fields kind of running away with it at the time being with teams below like us with games in hand. I am just a bit concerned where we are BUT that’s is because of these cup games . Now for the rest of the season we have the league to concentrate on the first for us at this stage of the season and is a weird blessing in disguise.

TBH I don’t think we will stand a chance against a step 1 quality K*ttering town on the 14th of Nov but isn’t it going to be an exciting game must be 1200+ 600 at least from each set of fans for a tues.

Judge peaks and lamby and the players on league games this season as that’s what’s needed
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

diamondsteve wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:44 am Look at the table now ££££fields kind of running away with it at the time being with teams below like us with games in hand. I am just a bit concerned where we are BUT that’s is because of these cup games . Now for the rest of the season we have the league to concentrate on the first for us at this stage of the season and is a weird blessing in disguise.
We are only one game behind most of the teams around us. I think what is most concerning is we had a very comfortable opening few fixtures. The issues with management, tactics and personnel were all there but masked by some very poor opposition. Any game we've played against a mid-table side or higher (except Dunstable) we have struggled. The fixture list has been somewhat kind to us in the opening few games and we still find ourselves 6 points off top. My concern is that if things don't change, we will continue to slip away.
diamondsteve wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:44 am TBH I don’t think we will stand a chance against a step 1 quality K*ttering town on the 14th of Nov but isn’t it going to be an exciting game must be 1200+ 600 at least from each set of fans for a tues.
There was only 1,200 at the NFA final! Nobody cares about the league cup and I wouldn't expect either team to approach the game differently because of the opposition. Changes will be made and I wouldn't expect a crowd any bigger than 500. Peaks has intentionally or not put all his eggs in one basket and we now need to put all our efforts into having an excellent league run to Christmas.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

diamondsteve wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:44 am TBH I really wasn’t bothered about the cup game yesterday. And I don’t think peaks is too . Now remember one of his post match interviews a few weeks ago saying that the league this season is our bread and butter! That’s the first time I’ve heard him say that about a cup game . Obviously not the Fa cup... but now we have drawn the scum in the southern league cup maybe he’s just thought about that and the league now . I mean this season is different to last we HAVE to go up and peaks and lamby know this . So that’s probably why they don’t want there eggs in so many baskets. And it doesn’t take long for the players to get that mindset too!

I believe that the players and coaching staff wasn’t that bothered about yesterday’s game nor should we .

Look at the table now ££££fields kind of running away with it at the time being with teams below like us with games in hand. I am just a bit concerned where we are BUT that’s is because of these cup games . Now for the rest of the season we have the league to concentrate on the first for us at this stage of the season and is a weird blessing in disguise.

TBH I don’t think we will stand a chance against a step 1 quality K*ttering town on the 14th of Nov but isn’t it going to be an exciting game must be 1200+ 600 at least from each set of fans for a tues.

Judge peaks and lamby and the players on league games this season as that’s what’s needed
Sorry, can't agree about not being bothered about the cup games. We should, in my opinion, go out to win EVERY game 100%. Sure, I understand that if we go out we can say 'Concentrate on the league now' but that has to be after the game. Personally, I don't think we weren't bothered before the game, just that it was a poor performance. The league may be our 'bread and butter' but I'd rather try to have some jam with it too!