It is time for change

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
supersub

Re: It is time for change

Post by supersub »

Totally agree with Biggles on all counts. Great to have a debate, sometimes the score isn't even posted. But there you go.
Keep on going Diamonds :joy:
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 98 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

supersub wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:48 pm Totally agree with Biggles on all counts. Great to have a debate, sometimes the score isn't even posted. But there you go.
Keep on going Diamonds :joy:
Actually, if you look at the top right you will see a twitter feed which is regularly updated during the match!!!! :fool:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
supersub

Post by supersub »

Wouldn't know what a twitter feed was, learnt something. Ok check it out. Thanks.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

It’s funny, when we dispatched Dunstable 0-3 with what was one of the most complete performances you could hope to see the discussion on here was zip! About 6 or 7 posts and that was it! We’re on page 5 now and mostly (not all) calling for the managers head!

I stand to be corrected but I think we’ve lost 3 matches this season, 2 we deserved to lose, 1 we didn’t (IMO).

Am I 100% happy with what I’m seeing at the moment? No!

Are mistakes being made? Yes!

Do I think the time is right for change? No!

I have questions about team selections and tactics, I’m a football fan so of course I have. We all think we could do better! But in the cold light of day and away from the emotion of a match do I think the time is right for a change of manager? No!

Peaksy knows it’s not good enough at the moment, we’re far too inconsistent, but getting rid of the management team now is not the way to go in my opinion. He’s an honest guy and loves this football club, but showing him some support is the way forward, not showing him the door!

Sure ask questions - but sometimes when things go wrong you need to pull together! That’s what we need now!

2-3 wins in the league and this forum will go to sleep again - 1 more defeat and it’ll go into meltdown! That’s football !!

The board should stand by their man imo, if things get worse then look at it. If people don’t like that they have the opportunity to question the board at members meetings (or at any match to be fair).

At work I’m given a set of objectives to achieve - I won’t know if I’ve done that until the end of the financial year - if I was sacked in October because it looked like I wasn’t going to achieve them I’d feel very let down. A lot can happen in 6 months!

Football is a results based business, of course it is, but let’s wait a while eh? The grass isn’t always greener, it’s be interesting to hear who people would like to see replace him. I don’t know what objectives were given to Peaksy (I could hazard a guess) but measure him against them at the right time! That time isn’t now!

Hopefully we’ll see a reaction over the coming games when we get back to league action! But get behind the team, the whole team including the manager, and let’s see what happens over the next few months.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Constructive as ever James , with lots of common sense
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Pigman wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:17 am It’s funny, when we dispatched Dunstable 0-3 with what was one of the most complete performances you could hope to see the discussion on here was zip! About 6 or 7 posts and that was it! We’re on page 5 now and mostly (not all) calling for the managers head!

I stand to be corrected but I think we’ve lost 3 matches this season, 2 we deserved to lose, 1 we didn’t (IMO).

I have questions about team selections and tactics, I’m a football fan so of course I have. We all think we could do better! But in the cold light of day and away from the emotion of a match do I think the time is right for a change of manager? No!

Peaksy knows it’s not good enough at the moment, we’re far too inconsistent, but getting rid of the management team now is not the way to go in my opinion. He’s an honest guy and loves this football club, but showing him some support is the way forward, not showing him the door!

Sure ask questions - but sometimes when things go wrong you need to pull together! That’s what we need now!

2-3 wins in the league and this forum will go to sleep again - 1 more defeat and it’ll go into meltdown! That’s football !!

The board should stand by their man imo, if things get worse then look at it. If people don’t like that they have the opportunity to question the board at members meetings (or at any match to be fair).

At work I’m given a set of objectives to achieve - I won’t know if I’ve done that until the end of the financial year - if I was sacked in October because it looked like I wasn’t going to achieve them I’d feel very let down. A lot can happen in 6 months!

Football is a results based business, of course it is, but let’s wait a while eh? The grass isn’t always greener, it’s be interesting to hear who people would like to see replace him. I don’t know what objectives were given to Peaksy (I could hazard a guess) but measure him against them at the

Hopefully we’ll see a reaction over the coming games when we get back to league action! But get behind the team, the whole team including the manager, and let’s see what happens over the next few months.
By the way I don’t want peaks to go but to answer your question I think the only manager&coach out there for us is Brady&Collins
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

There are two automatic promotions which realistically should go to Moneybags and Hartley W. So for us to split them will be a great achievement.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:59 am There are two automatic promotions which realistically should go to Moneybags and Hartley W. So for us to split them will be a great achievement.
Is there money being pumped in to those 2 clubs? I have no idea. If not then I really don't see on what grounds they should be doing better than us.

It looks to me like it's two clubs with massive momentum riding the crest of a wave.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

It's only the 10th October so somewhat premature giving the two automatic promotion places to Moneyfields and Hartley Witney. :ermm:
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

diamondsteve wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:55 am
Pigman wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:17 am It’s funny, when we dispatched Dunstable 0-3 with what was one of the most complete performances you could hope to see the discussion on here was zip! About 6 or 7 posts and that was it! We’re on page 5 now and mostly (not all) calling for the managers head!

Football is a results based business, of course it is, but let’s wait a while eh? The grass isn’t always greener, it’s be interesting to hear who people would like to see replace him. I don’t know what objectives were given to Peaksy (I could hazard a guess) but measure him against them at the

By the way I don’t want peaks to go but to answer your question I think the only manager&coach out there for us is Brady&Collins
I would wager that they wouldn’t entertain taking the job on with the budget at Peaksy’s disposal - that’s not based on any inside information I hasten to add, just on a comment I overheard made by someone preseason - it might not be true!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51