It is time for change

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
MarkyP

Re: It is time for change

Post by MarkyP »

Basil wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:30 am [quote=d
what summed it up for me was, as i left the ground ,i walked past the changing rooms.....to a corus of--------
"there f,ing sh*t...there f,ing sh*t.......ther f,ing sh*t
I heard this too and thought it was very very poor from a bang average Kidsgrove!!!!!! Saying that though, if that doesn’t motivate our players and management to do better then nothing will.
[/quote]

A couple of things to politely correct here if I may.

The song sung by the Kidsgrove players post game in their dressing room was in fact "WE are f***ing s**t"

It is simply a bit of fun that has its background in local (N Staffordshire) rivalry. A Leek player used the term of endearment before a recent local Derby to describe some of the Kidsgrove team and duly got the song ringing in his ears in the Leek dressing rooms after Kidsgrove put the home side to the sword recently.

It has duly been adopted by the Kidsgrove lads as a bit of a post game laugh and celebration when they win.

It most definately is not in anyway meant as any disrespect to the opposition - unless you happen to be Leek Town!

I'm not so sure the writer is in a strong position to describe Kidsgrove as "bang average". We all see things differently of course but for me Kidsgrove comprehensively out thought and out fought AFC yesterday. They changed their shape and some personnel following an insipid display against an energetic Corby side in midweek and this seemed to be a puzzle your coaching staff and players never got to grips with. Although the set up meant the home side had the majority of possession they seldom looked like scoring throughout the game. That is measured by the Kidsgrove keeper having his quietest afternoon of the season to date.

For me Kidsgrove's counter threat was greater than the Rushden's huffing and puffing for the majority of the afternoon. The only exception to this was perhaps the last ten minutes when Kidsgrove made changes and Rushden started slinging balls into the box via their skipper from the halfway line.

It was even more comfortable than the five goal win by the "bang average" Kidsgrove team against Rushden last term to be truthful.

May I add that the hospitality and friendly nature of both the club and supporters was a credit and I wish you all the best for the remainder of your season.
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

I don't think its time for a change but have to accept that not only was it a poor performance yesterday but it also threw up doubts about where this season is heading.

As previously mentioned there may well never be a better chance to gain promotion than this campaign due to the imminent league shake up leaving our division with either 3 or 4 promotion places up for grabs at the end of this season. I for one think that the majority of the squad are good enough to take us to the next level and while I think that team selection is baffling on occasions, we will all have our own opinions and it doesn't make Andy wrong and the fans right!

Having said all that, I think Andy has done really well on a small budget which I am led to believe has remained roughly the same for 3 seasons running. If my information is correct, R&D were in the bottom third on budgets last season and wont be in the top 25% this season.

Andy is well aware that we need another CD to partner Liam but I believe that a fit again Blaize Punter is more than capable of doing the job until Jack Ashton hopefully returns in the New Year. Jack told me at Alfreton that he was 6 weeks or so away but presumably he'll need to go out on loan to get match practice first. Sam Brown is a left back and not a central defender!

While we have 3 quality wingers, yesterday proved again that we are crying out for a playmaker, Unfortunately, Fernando only came on with a few minutes to go but in my opinion did enough again to start on Saturday. I don't know of anybody who thinks that Bunting is worth a starting place and yesterday he was simply awful. Is his only job to wind up referees and take out key opposition players? 2 from a fit again Oulton (he suggested the same period out as Jack), Fernando and Farrell would be my solution.

In attack, Nabil seems off colour after starting the season on fire. Dillon is a UCL player at best and has no understanding with Nabil. One from Hoban. Gyassi, Fairlamb or Lorraine to partner Nabil up front but I'm sure Andy is already on the lookout to add another quality striker. Unfortunately, its not easy to find one at this stage of the season.

I still believe that we will get one of the 2 (or 3) automatic promotion places and therefore happy to refrain from judgment until the New Year knowing that there are 16 more league games during that period and that we are a much better team away from home. At that point we will all be well aware of where we stand promotion wise!
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:55 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:44 am TBH I really wasn’t bothered about the cup game yesterday. And I don’t think peaks is too . Now remember one of his post match interviews a few weeks ago saying that the league this season is our bread and butter! That’s the first time I’ve heard him say that about a cup game . Obviously not the Fa cup... but now we have drawn the scum in the southern league cup maybe he’s just thought about that and the league now . I mean this season is different to last we HAVE to go up and peaks and lamby know this . So that’s probably why they don’t want there eggs in so many baskets. And it doesn’t take long for the players to get that mindset too!

I believe that the players and coaching staff wasn’t that bothered about yesterday’s game nor should we .

Look at the table now ££££fields kind of running away with it at the time being with teams below like us with games in hand. I am just a bit concerned where we are BUT that’s is because of these cup games . Now for the rest of the season we have the league to concentrate on the first for us at this stage of the season and is a weird blessing in disguise.

TBH I don’t think we will stand a chance against a step 1 quality K*ttering town on the 14th of Nov but isn’t it going to be an exciting game must be 1200+ 600 at least from each set of fans for a tues.

Judge peaks and lamby and the players on league games this season as that’s what’s needed
Sorry, can't agree about not being bothered about the cup games. We should, in my opinion, go out to win EVERY game 100%. Sure, I understand that if we go out we can say 'Concentrate on the league now' but that has to be after the game. Personally, I don't think we weren't bothered before the game, just that it was a poor performance. The league may be our 'bread and butter' but I'd rather try to have some jam with it too!
I just don’t think non league step 4 players can cope with having to give 100% in every single cup game plus try for promotion . With all injuries which are bound to happen plus the games which will get called of during winter , trying to be in everything plus trying to be top 3 at xmas is asking way too much out of a side at our level
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

marky p,,,,ill bow to your superior knowledge on the song and apoligise :notworthy: but theres no getting away from the fact ,we were pants :thumbdown:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
AFCRnDRob

Post by AFCRnDRob »

I left the game Saturday annoyed not only at the piss poor display of the team but also in the first half there was a fan getting criticised for there comments of how bad we was playing! Now I get the fact that some fans want to protect our players but to get annoyed at other fans for there opinion and specially when there opinion is correct on how poor we was baffles me! People want more attendance at hr then don't throw a hissy fit when they have an opinion that you don't like!!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I'd give Daryl Smith a run up-front with Nabil personally. He's proved that he knows where the net is and looks lively whenever he's played. There's a lot of traffic ahead of him for a start out wide so maybe this could be an option. I recall the old club sticking Jon Challinor up front around 10 years ago and he ended up being a revelation.

I would also have Farrell and Bell-Toxtle in the starting XI.

Depending on how far away Punter and Ashton are I think we need to get a natural central defender in temporarily or even on loan. We can't carry on as we are.

We have three tough league matches coming up against Egham, Hayes & Yeading and Moneyfields. I think we'll have a good idea after those games about where we will finish and can make a fair judgement on the manager after that. Although, the club and fans have already been more than fair IMO.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

AFCRnDRob wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:32 am I left the game Saturday annoyed not only at the piss poor display of the team but also in the first half there was a fan getting criticised for there comments of how bad we was playing! Now I get the fact that some fans want to protect our players but to get annoyed at other fans for there opinion and specially when there opinion is correct on how poor we was baffles me! People want more attendance at hr then don't throw a hissy fit when they have an opinion that you don't like!!
This.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Never found a problem at matches personally. There is usually an excellent dialogue face to face. It's on Internet forums where the 'key board' warriors like to flex their muscles.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

My God, its a long time since we have had a proper debate on this Forum from the majority of people.

This thread was started by one of our long standing supporters so apart from first knee jerk comment i''m glad we are debating the issue on a sensible basis from most on here.

My opinion is that the current management should at least have until the end of the year and then appraise our position, if we have lost further ground then there are grounds for a real look at the management position, this season would be a total failure/Disaster if we do not get promotion given the extra promotion places due to the restructure.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Next 3 league games for me, 7 points the target, 5 minimum depending on performance level, Yes Yes some will say 3 difficult games but if we are to go up then we HAVE to beat these teams, a win, draw and a loss is not good enough, we can't afford to wait and change it when its too late.