[ Sat 30th Sep ] v Chalfont St Peter, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Scroggy

Re: [ Sat 30th Sep ] v Chalfont St Peter, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by Scroggy »

Yep that just about sums it up Dave.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:14 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:57 pm There were extenuating circumstances today (awful officiating, awful playing surface) but that is 2 points chucked away in successive weekends against vastly inferior opposition.

We could have done with picking up those 4 points particularly with a tough few games coming up in the league in October.

I see Hartley Wintney put 6 past Arlesey today - at Arlesey.
But on the other hand top of the table Moneyfields couldn't beat Dunstable who we dispatched with ease on Wednesday! It is still finding your feet time at the moment but I agree dropping 4 points in two successive weekends is far from ideal and very disappointing. We are just not clinical enough at the moment and it is costing us points. We are already 6 points behind the leaders having only played 8 games with some very difficult games coming up.
I take nothing away from the lads on Wednesday they were superb. I just think that 2 points from Arlesey (H) and Chalfont (A) looks a poor return from those matches given how those sides have started coupled with how well we have played in most games this season.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I think the arlesey game is the one, if we had one that the return of 7 points would have been very decent indeed, i think Chalfont will give the top teams some problems they have already beaten Beaconsfield and only lost to moneyfields by 1-0, they seem to be a lot stronger now with Osobu having recently come back.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

I think this season top 6 or 7 will all be taking points off each other, don't think there will be 2 run away teams like last season. We have got a good squad with a lot of potential. if we can stay in the mix until Xmas when all the cup games are done with then we really look to kick on in the new year. We need to make Hayden Road a fortress where teams don't want to come and play, I get the impression atm teams look forward to coming to Hayden Road.

Three cup games coming so hopefully lots of rotation to keep our best players fresh however a strong XI vs Kidsgrove as there's a bit of prize money at stake in the FA Trophy.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

We seemed to have lost the balance of the team in this game, with almost all our good play coming down the right, with little through the middle or down the left. Losing Blaize Punter meant we missed Sam Brown on the left, and Luke Fairlamb seemed most affected by the switch from the fast zippy surface on Wednesday to the slow thick grass on Saturday. We should have made more use of the corners we won in the first half, and have to reflect that it took a freak goal to get us level the first time, and a lucky break from the Farrell shot that help get the second equaliser.
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:57 pm I see Hartley Wintney put 6 past Arlesey today - at Arlesey.
Hartley Wintney's top goalscorer Sam Argent has signed for Basingstoke today. He had got 8 goals so far.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

And another 6 at Farnborough last night in the league Cup