[ Sat 15th Apr ] v Newcastle Town, KO 3pm NPL1S HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: [ Sat 15th Apr ] v Newcastle Town, KO 3pm NPL1S HOME

Post by StaceyH »

discodunk wrote::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: 12th men were awsome today :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Absolutely awesome, what a great atmosphere! Same again on Monday please :good:
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Absolutely top notch the 12th man was!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Formic »

Rushden123 wrote:A thoroughly well deserved victory in a game we dominated. Dolman our clear player of the season comes to the rescue again. Oulton has to be starting every game he brings a bit of genuine class into our centre midfield. For somebody who usually takes far to long to make substitutions the early one of Lorraine was very strange he genuinely brings nothing to the team.
I think we've got the message you don't rate Tom Lorraine given how much you are rattling on about it - and indeed how you'd prefer Heath to Finners - and how you rated Newman and Wilson ahead of our other strikers......
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Formic »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:
Rushden123 wrote:A thoroughly well deserved victory in a game we dominated. Dolman our clear player of the season comes to the rescue again. Oulton has to be starting every game he brings a bit of genuine class into our centre midfield. For somebody who usually takes far to long to make substitutions the early one of Lorraine was very strange he genuinely brings nothing to the team.
Sorry but I can't agree with your comments about Lorraine. I thought we looked more likely to score when he came on and he ran his socks off.

That's got to be the best home performance all season (excluding games against the rubbish teams at the bottom of the league). Makes a nice change to leave the Dog & Duck with smiles on our faces. If we can keep up that level of performance I'm sure we'll reach our target.

I noticed Dolman was hobbling during most of the second half. I sincerely hope he's OK for Monday.
Yea he caused problems did Tom Lorraine when he came on, more than jack bowen did who doesn't look the same player as last season. Farrell and Quigley were outstanding in the midfield as was Bunting until he had to go off, Oulton then carried on where he left off and was unlucky to not get on the score sheet. Another mention has to go to Matt Finlay who again proved why he's number one, didn't have a lot to do the first half until they were awarded a penalty. Even though it was tame, he still had to guess the right way to keep it out. Also made a great save from their free kick late on. Taylor orosz also worked his socks off when introduced, so I'd think peaksy will be having a selecting headache ahead of Monday. Also greenaway with razor-toothed, that it was the team has played at home this season.
Let's hope Quigley can remain in midfield rather than having to help out at Centre Back as he did after impressive performances at Northwich and Leek.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

AFC R&D Member No. 67
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Dominant performance from us from start to finish, although Newcastle seemed to wake up a bit once we scored. Great save from Finlay to keep it at 1-0, was very similar to Tuesday night, but lucky for us it didn't find the back of the net.

Was nice to go home with a smile on my face! :clapping:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

Overall a much better performance than that which we witnessed on Tuesday night.

Quigley, who was by far and away the man of the match, and Farrell really bossed the midfield with their energy and gave us that bit of bite that makes life more difficult for the opposition. I'd go with the majority of the same XI tomorrow with Oulton in for Bunting being the only change.

I don't think we can rest on our laurels though and it does get on my wick that we seem frightened to death to have a crack at goal when we get into threatening positions. Quigley swung his boot at one when he'd been on the pitch all of 7 seconds against Northwich but passed up the very same opportunity in the first half yesterday. Have a pop and you never know what might happen!
Everywhere we go....
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Three Nips wrote: I don't think we can rest on our laurels though and it does get on my wick that we seem frightened to death to have a crack at goal when we get into threatening positions. Quigley swung his boot at one when he'd been on the pitch all of 7 seconds against Northwich but passed up the very same opportunity in the first half yesterday. Have a pop and you never know what might happen!
I think that was very true on Saturday. The Newcastle goalkeeper was hardly the safest pair of hands, making some very questionable punches. We should have tested him more than we did.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Rushdenjim wrote:
Three Nips wrote: I don't think we can rest on our laurels though and it does get on my wick that we seem frightened to death to have a crack at goal when we get into threatening positions. Quigley swung his boot at one when he'd been on the pitch all of 7 seconds against Northwich but passed up the very same opportunity in the first half yesterday. Have a pop and you never know what might happen!
I think that was very true on Saturday. The Newcastle goalkeeper was hardly the safest pair of hands, making some very questionable punches. We should have tested him more than we did.

From behind his goal, I thought he punched very well. Quick off his line, read it well, and got good contact on the ball. Particularly important as neither of his centre backs helped him out too much.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.