[ Tue 11th Apr ] v Stocksbrdge Park Steels, KO 7:45pm NPL1S HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Tue 11th Apr ] v Stocksbrdge Park Steels, KO 7:45pm NPL1S HOME

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: [ Tue 11th Apr ] v Stocksbrdge Park Steels, KO 7:45pm NPL1S HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

This is obviously a massive game for both sides and with the other games taking place tomorrow night could have a great bearing on all the top five final positions. My concern is that our Tuesday night home record is not so good. One win Rugby, one draw Romulus and three defeats Chasetown,

Spalding and Witton................I would prefer Witton to win and put SL in the play offs.
Basford v Spalding..................Spalding are almost certain to finish third so a win for them would very seriously damage Basford.
AFC RD v Stocksbridge.............no comment
Newcastle v Lincoln................A draw would be best, as long as we don't lose to Stocksbridge.

Of course if we win I don't care what the others do!!
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Big games coming thick and fast.
I'm going 1-1
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Stocksbridge are the form team in the league at the moment having won their last 5 games. In amongst that were wins against Spalding and Lincoln.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

sussexdiamond wrote:This is obviously a massive game for both sides and with the other games taking place tomorrow night could have a great bearing on all the top five final positions. My concern is that our Tuesday night home record is not so good. One win Rugby, one draw Romulus and three defeats Chasetown,

Spalding and Witton................I would prefer Witton to win and put SL in the play offs.
Basford v Spalding..................Spalding are almost certain to finish third so a win for them would very seriously damage Basford.
AFC RD v Stocksbridge.............no comment
Newcastle v Lincoln................A draw would be best, as long as we don't lose to Stocksbridge.

Of course if we win I don't care what the others do!!

I think you mean Shaw Lane instead of (Spalding) for the top game, I agree I prefer Witton to win, (as we lost to them twice) and we draw to Shaw Lane twice.

Basford v Spalding, prefer Spalding to win, to damage Basford chances of the play offs.

AFC RD v Stocksbridge, no comment (mighty Diamonds)

Newcastle v Lincoln, I agree draw would be best result to us.

Had a feeling for while we'll get Spalding in the play offs.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

First half, back to normal at home. Cross into the box again undoes us. We don't look like scoring. Play offs looking a long way off now.
AFC R & D member number 34
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Thought most of the players put a lot of effort in but we came up against side more organised in defence, more effective in midfield and upfront. We had no plan and they forced us to play long balls to the 6ft centre halfs. Nabil done his best with little support.

Positive was a half decent attendance for a Tuesday night.
Rushden123

Post by Rushden123 »

A disappointing game where we took way to long to make changes to the formation and lineup. Felt sorry for nab's who was left totally isolated on his own up front. Surely after the shambles in goal tonight Heath has to be given his place back in the team. The night was summed up when Lorraine who isn't good enough and should have been taken off ends up playing centre half.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Oh dear tonight! Where were Dolman and Harris?

We apparently signed Appleton & Purse in case they were needed in the run in. Thought Quigley & Brown did OK but at this vital time in the season we need players in their natural positions.

I couldn't see what the point was in bringing on Orosz for Ford then moving Lorraine to Centre-back, why not just leave the defence as it was and take Lorraine off?

An improved second-half but classic away performance from Stocksbridge - get a couple of goals then shut up shop.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Load of bollocks, absolutely suicidal going into this final stretch of games with 1 fit centre-back before the registration cut-off. We've found out what happens when you have none! Awful game management by our management, had no idea who to play where and in what formation. Absolute shambles and not even slightly good enough. 90% of the games I've gone to this season have been exactly like this - clueless. We should forget about play-offs because we're clearly not good enough and if we did get there, there's no chance we can beat any of the other teams that we could play.