Those shirts last night

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Those shirts last night

Post by sussexdiamond »

A really strange choice of colour for Witton clashing with the officials, certainly for a night match. Most of the time it was difficult to distinguish the Witton players from the officials. I am writing from a spectators viewpoint rather than a players. I believe there was a match once when the officials wore bibs to make things easier for all concerned and last night would have been very easy for the officials to do that...but then he did little right all evening so what would we expect.

Odd coincidence was that I viewed the new shirts before the game and then saw the Witton shirt. I will certainly not voting for the hideous grey kit.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Those shirts last night

Post by Trek »

Apparently at Step 4 level the officials wear black kit and there is no onus on them changing to suit one of the teams. Frustrating I know for all spectators but apparently the NP League approve the club's strips at the start of the season so that's where the blame lies.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

And the NPL Chairman is also the Witton chairman.

Who in all fairness seems a very decent bloke
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

The linesman said as he came out for the 2nd half that the ref would incur a £600 fine if he wore a different colour than black.

Personally, I think that's absolute tosh and if that is the rule, then the rule is absolute tosh!

Just an observation, but would it have been completely out of the question for us to play in yellow and them to play in their home kit?
Everywhere we go....