Kidderminster Ratings

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Turveyman

Kidderminster Ratings

Post by Turveyman »

Roberts - 5 Looked reasonably comfortable for most of the game but loses points for failing to prevent their goal

Osano - 5 Sloppy passing throughout. He won't be going anywhere on the basis of this performance

Downer - 7 Very solid

Stuart - 6 Struggled at times against their tall front man

Robinson - 9 MOTM Tackled consistently well and looked good when going forward in support of Tomlin

Terry - 8 Very much the midfield dynamo. Impressed me with his tackling, blocks and general work rate

Byrne - 8 Ditto Terry

Porter - 7 An unsung player in my opinion. We missed him when he went off injured.

O'Connor - 7 Worked hard as usual but not enough end product

Farrell - 7 Made some good passes but was muscled off the ball too easily for a man of his size

Tomlin - 8 First rate second goal. Let himself and the team down by his booking which led to him being substituted when we really needed him on the pitch

Wolleaston - 3 Was largely invisible

Louis - Not on long enough to rate but played as if he knew he will not be staying.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: Kidderminster Ratings

Post by Rushdenjim »

I thought Roberts had a poor game, didnt have much to do, but when he did, looked a little shaky at time!! You dont get beat at your near post and Dale needs to address that ASAP!! :?
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Roberts - 7, the goal aside he did pretty well I thought.
Osano - 6, gave the ball away too cheaply, looked a bit lost again at right back,
Downer - 7, pretty good and quite solid
Stuart - 8, gave his all against bigger opposition, first half was immense
Robinson - 9, great effort by the lad, best "leftie" we've had since Unders,
Byrne - 8, good workrate,
Porter - 7, good effort until he got injured,
Terry - 7 great first half, went out of it in the second,
Tomlin - 8, good work and top flight second goal,
O'Connor - 7, looked out of place to me, but did his bit for the team
Farrell - 7, should have won a lot more fouls, but for the ref

Overall, I thought our team applied itself well, but seemed to lack a bit of confidence once Kiddy scored. The team held on for the win though and dug deep, well done lads.
AFC R & D member number 34
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Roberts - 6 - Some good catches and kicking but beaten at his near post.

Osano - 6 - Steady without doing anything brilliant, needs to settle back in at right back.

Stuart - 8 - Fantastic, full of commitment and good in the air against a big man.

Downer - 8 - Given that he has been out of the side, he looked like he'd never been away.

Robinson - 8 - Up and down the right wing and very dependable.

Byrne - 9 - MOM - Full of energy and was all over the pitch.

Terry - 8 - Calm under pressure and his tackling and passing was spot on.

Porter - 7 - Good ratting, hopefully the injury isn't too serious.

Tomlin - 8 - Back to his old self, whatever his old self is! Looked like the Tomlin of October/November and fantastic second goal.

O'Connor - 7 - Good running but just lacking a finish.

Farrell - 8 - Best game for a while and didn't look like a striker out of sorts. Held the ball up very well.

Subs:

Wolleaston - 6 - Good to see him back, but i'm not sure he fits in with our style of play at present, hence why things went downhill after he came on.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Roberts - 6 Didn't have much to do, but did well to deal with Stuart's back pass. Also believe distribution was better and did well with the crosses he came for.

Osano - 7 - Did ok

Downer - 7 - Did his job and did it well

Stuart - 7 - Thought he played well, although that header back to Dale was a bit heart in the mouth. Was good to see him acknowledge Dale for dealing with it.

Robinson - 8 - One of the best games I've seen him play, fully deserved man of the match

Terry - 8 - Thought he was brilliant winning the ball in the midfield today.

Byrne - 8 - Typical Terrier performance we've come to expect. At the very least extend his loan in January.

Porter - 8 - Same as Terry. Hope he's ok.

O'Connor - 7 - Thought he did ok.

Farrell - 7 - Worked hard, should have had that goal if it hadn't been for that save from their keeper. If he keeps going, he'll get his goals eventually.

Tomlin - 8 - A cracking goal and looked a threat.

Wolleaston - 6 - Thought he did ok. This is his first league game back so would be unfair to judge.

Louis - 6 - Did ok.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Roberts - 7 - I thought apart from the goal he did well, not much to do really. A couple of his punches and catches were crucial
Osano - 6 - Better at CB. Good going forward but i think his positioning at RB can be poor
Robinson - 7 - I thought he was brilliant until about 60 mins and then seemed to lose it abit. A brilliant player considereing his age, potential going higher???
Stuart - 8 - I thought he was superb, a couple of very important headers - i love his passion
Downer - 8 - Apart from the odd moment i think he is our best defender, but he isn't a RB. I think he has a good partnership with Jamie just need a bit more height.
Byrne - 9 - Quality. I think he is so obviously a class above most of our players if we can keep him - even just for another 6 months on loan, we are very lucky.
Porter - 8 - I think he is my favourite player, he is just good at everything. Hope he's ok
Terry - 8 - Some brilliant tackles and blocks, and plays the simple pass.
O'Connor - 7 - Looked lively but without really doing too much
Tomlin - 9 - Two great goals, the second as people have said, if it was scored in the prem, they'd never shut up about it. It's a shame it will probably never be seen on TV.
Farrell - 6 - Looks very out of form to me, some decent hold up play and passes but for our main striker he didnt get a sniff at goal.
Wolly - 6 - I though he did alright considering how long hes been out, i hope he can be like a new signing although i think he will probably be 5th in the cm pecking order at the end of the season
Louis - 5 - A couple of clever bits but other than that i'll be glad to see the back of him

Also i thought the ref had a good game today, couple of silly little things but other than that one of the better ones in the league.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

MUst say i seem t be the only one but i was disappointed with terry. He put in a decent shift, but at times i thought he put Robbo under pressure by telegraphing passes to him, and really lacked imagination. His tackling was good, but i also thought he was sitting very deep, almost in the defence.