Curtis Osano to MK Dons

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: Curtis Osano to MK Dons

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I had a feeling someone might come in for him and on todays performance i would'nt be suprised if somebody would also take an intrest in Robinson. He's a decent prospect at left-back
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Like I've said before, players come and players go - if one of our players moves on to a club at a higher level then good luck to them. I won't go all doom and gloom about it, thats the lot of a BSP club as they say.

Players will come in and they might prove to be every bit as good as what we lose.

Massive disruption to the squad in January will, I would think, just about kill off any chance we have of making the play-offs, which I fully believe are well within our grasp if we can keep a settled side. Start losing defenders and strikers and I think that'll be it for this season.

We're not a club who can afford to keep players who can better themselves, so any player moving on has my good wishes, if the money we get for them goes towards securing the club's future then all the better.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

50k from Mk Donalds?! NO WAY!!!! 100k for them, about 75k for anyone else. The fact that his contract is up at the end of the season is a potential problem, but the window is not even open yet, so i think we can hang on for a week or two, no need to rush into a deal with Satan just yet. Still according to some at the club, we have good links with them, so why dont we just give them Osano :roll: :twisted:

I think getting a sell on clause would also be a very good move, look at Jacko, any future money is nice to receive!
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

I would hope Osano would be willing to sign an extension or a new contract if offered, maybe include a minimum release fee clause for him. He is one of a number of players of recent times we have been fortunate to get in who seem to really enjoy it here. IIRC he turned down a few other offers including at least one league club to join us after the initial loan.

I was unaware previously that his contract only ran to the end of this season, and I am disappointed to hear it. I suppose a joint decision has to be made on any bids for him and Tomlin. We can keep them both and really push for it or let them both move on for good money and concentrate on developing what we have and improving the squad and replacing them. I think without a sublime offer for either, to sell one and not the other makes little sense if fair offers are on the table. Also how much did Peterborough pay for Geohaghan? Osano is better than him at everything but long throws IMO, as well as being younger and more versatile.
rdfc4life

Post by rdfc4life »

I believe Exodus is only on loan, with view to a permanent deal.
http://www.theposh.com/page/NewsDetail/ ... 36,00.html
arealdiamondgeezer

Post by arealdiamondgeezer »

i think 50k for a player of curtis quality would be an insult ,but if the right offer comes in have we the right to stand in this lads way ,i hope like jemfy says. i hope he will look to sign an extension
"When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"
bighorse

Post by bighorse »

Even though in our opinion he is worth a lot more than £50k, in todays marker where money is hard to come by £50k is a large sum. As his contract is up we should recoup what we can and re-invest for a real promotion push.

Curtis has been quality and his versatility has been a real plus over since he arrived on loan from Reading, but it is only fair on the player for him to ply his trade at a higher level so thank you and good luck if a club comes in
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

I think it becomes about what he wants to do. If he wants to move on then of course we have to cash in now rather than take our chances with a tribunal, but if he is willing to stay happily then the previous statement is valid.

It might be as much as a pipe dream as whoever suggested replacing Tomlin by getting in Holroyd (wouldn't come, Cambridge wouldn't sell him to us), but if Curtis goes then maybe we should be trying to get Darius Charles in from Ebbsfleet. That lad is quality and would be willing to move at this level as shown in pre-season with York (his mrs didn't want to move up north reportedly, but we are close enough with players already travelling up from his way). That said someone from higher up or with more money might come in for him, so if selling Curtis is the plan I think we would need to try and move fast on that.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

rdfc4life wrote:I believe Exodus is only on loan, with view to a permanent deal.
I thought that a permanent deal was agreed already, and will go through when the transfer window reopens?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

davealbon wrote:
rdfc4life wrote:I believe Exodus is only on loan, with view to a permanent deal.
I thought that a permanent deal was agreed already, and will go through when the transfer window reopens?
It is.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter