crows v the diamonds

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Roystonjez

crows v the diamonds

Post by Roystonjez »

With the possible championship decider just around the corner I thought I would welcome you to your first visit to g.w.

The journey down is really easy and can be done in less than an hour. Follow the a14 until you get past huntingdon. Take the slip road onto the a1198 until you reach Royston. At the tescos round about take the first exit onto the a505 towards Duxford. Stay in the right hand lane until you reach the next round about. Take the 3rd exit signposted a10 London. Go over a round about and two sets oof lights and garden walk is on your left. Parking is an absolute night mare on this road so I suggest you use St mary's primary school which Iis on the right hand side of the road. You can also use the town hall car park which is a couple of quid.

For those travelling by train, Royston station is about 2 miles from the ground.

After that journey you may be starving and Royston has a few watering holes.

I have spoken to mat at the boars head pub and he is putting a special burger, chips and pint on for travelling fans. Just show your season ticket or your colours.

Other pubs include the green man, the chequers, and the manor house which is a spoons.

The ground does have a social club which you are all welcome to use but there is no food to be sold although we do have a mobile burger bar outside.

I will be at the boars head from about 1pm to greet you guys and have a chat.

hope you enjoy your time here in Royston (but not too much)

Up the crows!

Jez