Jack Ashton update

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Jack Ashton update

Post by bozzer »

AFC R&D Member No. 67
platonic verses

Re: Jack Ashton update

Post by platonic verses »

I am frankly disappointed that as s group of supporter we did not raise the £2000
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

platonic verses wrote:I am frankly disappointed that as s group of supporter we did not raise the £2000
Yeah, bunch of tossers only raising £1320. If I was him I wouldn't come back to supporters like that.

(Note : this post was written with a large dose of sarcasm to highlight the stupidity of the quoted post)
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:
platonic verses wrote:I am frankly disappointed that as s group of supporter we did not raise the £2000
Yeah, bunch of tossers only raising £1320. If I was him I wouldn't come back to supporters like that.

(Note : this post was written with a large dose of sarcasm to highlight the stupidity of the quoted post)
:ermm: Yea poor post that. The money raised is an outstanding achievement by the club and supporters. I'm pretty sure Jack Ashton doesn't share your view PV!
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

In truth I thought we'd do it easily, but times are hard for many people and with Christmas looming (at the time) I'm sure many had other priorities closer to home !!

I think it was a pretty good effort and I'm sure the additional £600 odd could be raised at a couple of future games/collections if needed - I donated what I pledged, but would probably drop a few more quid in a bucket if one were available - maybe reminding people of how much is needed would be a good ploy???

I'm sure Jack is grateful for the support, he's a top lad and one I can't wait to see back in the squad !
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Although poorly written, id of replaced frankly disappointed with surprised.. I too was surprised that the target wasn't achieved, if not reached not a bit closer than it was. Online donations and a couple of bucket collections I actually thought would have been achieveable.. On the other hand before anybody takes that out of context a good effort considering Christmas was only a 3 weeks away.

If the club was to do more bucket collections as pigman suggests, then I would quite happily donate more.

Without wanting to start a new subject is there any news on the clubhouse and replacing it? That'll probably be the next collection which again I'm sure people will throw in the bucket for...
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:

Love the fact that you appended a note. I'm guessing that the operation didn't happen then????

Also said with sarcasm BEFORE the haters start YET again.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

im sure my "supporters club" will start picking fault at another one of my posts, but can I just ask WHY, a player doesn't have personal insurance?? I'm guessing (without knowing the guy) he probably has a family and bills to cover every month just as we all do. I sit on my arse all day and it takes something really serious to stop me earning the money to cover my bills, yet I'm insured. The most activity I do is a game if snooker now and then or a saunter to the local. IF I was in a situation where my hobby or pastime (which football is) could cause me a bad enough injury to stop me working I'd be concerned.

Just for the record it is a genuine question and NOT written for the normal people to have a pop at me. It is NOT intended in any way to be malicious, although I await the insults as usual.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Got to be honest RH I don't know, but I'm guessing at the level our players are at, and the amount they earn (contrary to popular belief) I would imagine it's all cost related and that insurance is financially not viable to them.

As a player who isn't wealthy I imagine the cost of insurance would be very high - so most players at this level wouldn't have it, they take the risk! Could be accused of being foolish - but if the cost is very high, then many I'd presume would take the risk - the benefit of hindsight being a wonderful thing.

It's a fair question to ask - I'd wondered myself and as I say, I don't know for sure, just hazarding a guess.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
davealbon
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

I have no idea about the specifics of this situation, although I know for a fact that the club has personal injury insurance cover for every player representing the club, at every age group.

I wonder (and this is pure speculation) if Jack's operation wasn't covered by the insurance. He was still playing long after picking up the injury (which occurred in pre-season) and was presumably still working. It seems like it was Jack's decision to have the op, and it wasn't a necessity in order for him to be able to work. I doubt the insurance would cover this type of operation, or the subsequent time off work.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297