Jack Ashton update

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: Jack Ashton update

Post by Pigman »

Thanks Dave, I wondered as well - the good thing is he's had the op and recovering quickly - far faster than I thought he would!!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Nice to see someone else being the class clown on this forum for once, probably the most ridiculous post I've ever read on here in my 6 years.

The total raised is between £3-5 per each committed supporter of this football club.

Do you really expect casual supporters to pay for a players knee operation?

Personally, I believe the intentions of the club were fantastic because they simply invited supporters who genuinely wanted to help Jack out together, a fantastic community act epitomising the spirit that is clear to all at AFC RD. However, there will be many fans, of which I discussed the matter with, who simply found the whole entire idea ridiculous and believe it to be the clubs/players duty to cough up such expenditure.

To start criticising and belittling peoples financial choices, and in doing so, undermining the fantastic effort by not only the people who gave the money but those who gave the time to collect it, is plain and simply rude.

I'm sure Jack appreciated the £1300 and every person who gave a penny deserves tremendous respect.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/jack-ashton- ... rom-injury
Has dual registered with daventry to up his fitness
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Played last 15 mins for Daventry in 0-3 loss.