KHFC thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: KHFC thread

Post by Mad Dog »

The people around me believed it was a mistake by Roberts at his near post for their goal, though I couldn't really see.

Otherwise overall a good performance before that. Roll on Oxford!
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

byrne stuart and tommo all had real good games.
glad we kept them out towards the end but we can play a lot better.
come on you whites.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Mad Dog wrote:The people around me believed it was a mistake by Roberts at his near post for their goal, though I couldn't really see.

Otherwise overall a good performance before that. Roll on Oxford!
I agree. Shouldn't get beaten at his near post, especially as the shot was hardly ferocious.

I too thought Stuart was quality today, although i couldn't help but notice the lack of height we had in the team as a whole. We were lucky Matthews only scored 1.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

The pitch looked pretty icy in places. Thankfully, the Kiddy players didn't start sliding over when they went 2-0 down.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Mad Dog wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:I tell you what, as well as Tomlin played, i think Mark Byrne was better. We HAVE to keep him.
I agree with this. Also thought Terry and Porter had good games as well are Robinson.
Agred. I thought Terry put in his best home performance for the club and Stuart, Byrne, Robbo and Tommo also had above average games and would have been unfortunate to not be on the winning side, if we had not held on!
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

Irish Diamond wrote:Last few photos now on blog, cheers Dazzler: http://rdfcfansblog.wordpress.com/2009/ ... #more-2032
Just a note on that one part says "We remain in 8 points, still very much in contention for a play-off place.", I think its meant to say "8th place". Just thought id mention it xD
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Im afraid after being very positive, im resigned to the fact that Tommo has gone. Being subbed with 5 mins to go, when we were still holding on, looks very much like a good bye move, and he applauded the whole stadium, a-la Mark Hughes :wink:
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I thought Tommo was subbed before he was sent off - he'd had at least one final warning by then.
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

I agree with both of you, i thought he was being subbed to make sure he doesnt get another yellow (because we know what tomo is like) and also i saw him too give a goodbye applause to 3 sides of the ground, maybe he was saying thanks for us shouting his name ,and having scored a great goal (the best i have seen technically + skillfully at nene park).
But i'am sitting on the fence with this one, was it his last game, and will he be going 1st of Jan (moved already settled)........
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I don't think we will see him leave until the end of Jan. I'd imagine there will be a bidding war for him which will take a while to untangle. We should definitely see him on NYD.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291