Tonight

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
kiwikid

Tonight

Post by kiwikid »

What's the chance that Bugbrooke could do us a favour against Oadby? Maybe..... 8-) :)
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: Tonight

Post by bozzer »

with bugrookes current form it should be a regulation victory for oadby I would expect
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

Depends if Oadby are feeling the strain of so many games in quick succession. I will be surprised if they don't drop points in their remaining matches.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

I think Oadby will come unstuck at some point next week when they play away on Saturday, Monday and Wednesday.

They have a hours trip there and the same back for both Monday and Wednesday, that will inevitably mean problems getting off work two days out of three for some.

Monday night finish at 9.30, home by 11.00 at the earliest, a full day at work on Tuesday and then a full day before travelling on Wednesday.

That's going to be tough physically and mentally, can they get in football mode straight away?
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I don't think Bugbrooke are a difficult team to beat, and now they have realised they have nothing to play for, the team has pretty much given up the season. Oadby should manage to beat them tonight and as mentioned on here, they will find it tougher next week with games in quick succession.
However, you never know.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

I's agree with Footyman regards Bugbrooke, they have slipped alarmingly since we played them at the D&D.

However, if they get a result then that's puts extra pressure on for when Oadby go to a difficult to beat at home Harrowby and a BPW on the up.

I also thought the interview with the Oadby chairman was a bit too m uch of 'the lady do protesth too much'

They are going to feel it in their heads as much as their legs.
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

It's worth noting that the referee for the game is scheduled to be Carl Henry, who refereed our game against Bugbrooke a few weeks ago. Those that were there will remember that the first half lasted for close on 3 weeks, so hopefully he will have the same timepiece with him tonight and there will be some very tired legs. :lol:
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Oadby will drop further points as already has been mentioned, whether that will be tonight is another matter. Don't write off Bugbrooke as they scored 6 against Rothwell last Saturday which is more than Oadby or us have managed against the Corithinans
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

I'll be keeping abreast of the Oadby score via twitter but definitely more in hope than expectation.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

It will be interesting to see how many are at tonight's game at Oadby as Leicester City are at home tonight.