Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamond Warrior

Re: Former Players

Post by Diamond Warrior »

As part of a Uni assignment, I'm creating a magazine called 'YorkshireSport'.. Any suggestions for an interview with an ex-Diamond that is either from Yorkshire, played in Yorkshire or plays for a Yorkshire club now that you'd like me to try and get. I'll ask RDFC/AFCRD based questions too so that it is suitable for the programme :)
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I see Magnus Okuonghae is attracting interest from the Premier League, Championship & League One sides, including Norwich City.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... e-U-s-star
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Diamond Warrior wrote:As part of a Uni assignment, I'm creating a magazine called 'YorkshireSport'.. Any suggestions for an interview with an ex-Diamond that is either from Yorkshire, played in Yorkshire or plays for a Yorkshire club now that you'd like me to try and get. I'll ask RDFC/AFCRD based questions too so that it is suitable for the programme :)
A few names spring to mind.

Duane Darby was clearly well regarded by Hull City fans (although I suppose technically Hull is no longer in Yorkshire)
Jon Challinor - who is still playing at York, would give a good insight following his two spells with the Diamonds - as well as his thoughts on the Poppies.
Craig Farrell - who joined the Diamonds from York - with an insight into the Diamonds fateful final season
Michael Rankine - who seemed to have cult hero status during his time at both the Diamonds and York City.
Michael McElhatton - joining the Diamonds from Scarborough.
Billy Sharp - Sheffield connections

I'm sure there are many others.
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Cotty »

Nicky McNamara was signed from Hull. He played in 2009-2010 season.By the way,Tony,Hull is now rightfully back in the East Riding of Yorkshire as Humberside only existed as a separate area from 1974 until 1996.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Woodhouse is very much a Yorkshireman? Born there and played for York, Sheffield Utd, Rotherham, Harrogate, Sheffield FC and teams on the outskirts such as Mansfield and Hull?
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Cotty wrote:Nicky McNamara was signed from Hull. He played in 2009-2010 season.By the way,Tony,Hull is now rightfully back in the East Riding of Yorkshire as Humberside only existed as a separate area from 1974 until 1996.
Good point - I remember struggling to establish which county Grimsby was in when writing the match reports for the games there, as that was no longer in Humberside either.
Cotty

Post by Cotty »

continuing the last two posts - Curtis Woodhouse's dad used to attend Diamonds matches wearing his Hull City AFC jacket.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Cotty wrote:Nicky McNamara was signed from Hull. He played in 2009-2010 season.By the way,Tony,Hull is now rightfully back in the East Riding of Yorkshire as Humberside only existed as a separate area from 1974 until 1996.
They can call themselves part of Yorkshire all they like, I shall never accept them :twisted:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Greg Pearson has just scored his second goal in two matches for Crewe.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Mark Byrne has just scored an early second half equaliser for Barnet against that lot up the A45. :D