Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: Former Players

Post by Adrian »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:57 pm When RR tweeted about getting some extra minutes in the legs, and that it would be nice to see some old faces.. someone asked "You're playing for K*ttering now?" then RR replied with "Yeah, peaksy told me to find minutes elseware, so I did! Ha."

Maybe I was pissed off about it, because I'd be the same if any of our players joined K*ttering... but ending his tweet with "Ha" was what made me think he only went to the scum to stick a finger up to Peaksy.
Nah you are absolutely right, I didn't know about the tweet, what an idiot I hope he ends up at step 4 again this season.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 98 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:08 pm
Trek wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:44 pm Ryan Robbins playing at Shepshed Dynamo this afternoon where Stamford AFC are the visitors.
Pearson Mwanyongo has somehow ended up at Shepshed after being at Solihull Moors just 18 months ago. Would have thought he’d be of interest to us.
He was at St Neots wasn't he? The season before we began life in UCL. Always thought we'd eventually see him join us. Same with Lewis Hilliard.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:18 pm
Trek wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:44 pm Ryan Robbins playing at Shepshed Dynamo this afternoon where Stamford AFC are the visitors.
Pearson Mwanyongo has somehow ended up at Shepshed after being at Solihull Moors just 18 months ago. Would have thought he’d be of interest to us.
He was at St Neots wasn't he? The season before we began life in UCL. Always thought we'd eventually see him join us. Same with Lewis Hilliard.
He was at Thurnby nirvana and then Gresley. Scored decent goals against us at the dog and duck. Would be a very good signing
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Yeah he was at St Neots that year. Must have been very young at the time but exceptionally good and I’ve followed his career since.

What a team St Neots had that season. Talk about cracking a nut with a sledgehammer. I wonder what Junior Konadu is doing these days, he was an incredible player.

Back to former Diamonds, the eagle eyed amongst you will have spotted Matt Johnson playing for Enfield today. He was an almost ever present during RDFC’s final season.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:36 pm

Yeah he was at St Neots that year. Must have been very young at the time but exceptionally good and I’ve followed his career since.

What a team St Neots had that season. Talk about cracking a nut with a sledgehammer. I wonder what Junior Konadu is doing these days, he was an incredible player.

Back to former Diamonds, the eagle eyed amongst you will have spotted Matt Johnson playing for Enfield today. He was an almost ever present during RDFC’s final season.
Thought it was him when i see him and the program confirmed it. Wasnt really good enough for conference kevel, but JE really did get the best out of him a bit like Ryan Charles on the wing
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Just read on the BBC Sport website that Simon Rusk, who made 6 very forgettable appearances while on loan from Northwich Victoria in 2007, is head coach of Brighton's U23's.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

davealbon wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:08 pm Just read on the BBC Sport website that Simon Rusk, who made 6 very forgettable appearances while on loan from Northwich Victoria in 2007, is head coach of Brighton's U23's.
I sent him an RDFC shirt which we recovered from Nene Park last year with his name on it hoping for a donation. But like most of the others I sent shirts to I got no response.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Interesting article about Brian Talbot http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... scout.html, although if I see him at Craven Cottage this season, I'll tell him we do still exist and we're only 7 leagues an 6 FA Cup ties away from Fulham :biggrin:

'I loved my seven years at Rushden. I would put it on a par with Arsenal in terms of enjoyment,' he says. 'It was a fantastic journey with the chairman Mr Griggs of Doc Marten. It's a terrible shame the club don't exist any more.'
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Looks like Ryan Robbins has joined Shepshed Dynamo #badprep
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Holding out for the best deal more like....... god kno s which club he wants to play for this season . At this rate it’s going to be a really backwards step