Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: Former Players

Post by Adrian »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:44 pm With RR I can't shake the feeling that if he does sign for K*ttering, he only decided to do so to stick one finger up to Peaksy. (I.e "Oh, you don't want me, so I'll go and sign for your biggest rivals, that'll teach you!")

Pretty petty if you ask me, but maybe I'm over thinking it?
He hasn't been around long enough to be thinking about getting bitter at us, at Southern League level players just want to play and earn money so they float from club to club, if he goes to K*ttering he'll get good money even if he sits on the bench - can't blame him for putting finances and family first.

You could be right though, he did move to Barwell from rivals Coalville and then he left King's Lynn without playing a game and signed for rivals Stamford.

Lynn fans did drive him out though,
“Ryan thinks it’s safer for his son to watch him play his football elsewhere because he didn’t want him to hear any of the abuse he’s been getting. Ryan’s a non-league footballer, a non-league footballer, he’s not on thousands of pounds a week.
The treatment of him by some has been an absolute disgrace.
http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/kings-lynn ... -1-2248134
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Chief Boateng scores twice for Corby in a friendly last night.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Adrian wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:41 am
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:44 pm With RR I can't shake the feeling that if he does sign for K*ttering, he only decided to do so to stick one finger up to Peaksy. (I.e "Oh, you don't want me, so I'll go and sign for your biggest rivals, that'll teach you!")

Pretty petty if you ask me, but maybe I'm over thinking it?
He hasn't been around long enough to be thinking about getting bitter at us, at Southern League level players just want to play and earn money so they float from club to club, if he goes to K*ttering he'll get good money even if he sits on the bench - can't blame him for putting finances and family first.

You could be right though, he did move to Barwell from rivals Coalville and then he left King's Lynn without playing a game and signed for rivals Stamford.

Lynn fans did drive him out though,
“Ryan thinks it’s safer for his son to watch him play his football elsewhere because he didn’t want him to hear any of the abuse he’s been getting. Ryan’s a non-league footballer, a non-league footballer, he’s not on thousands of pounds a week.
The treatment of him by some has been an absolute disgrace.
http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/kings-lynn ... -1-2248134
When RR tweeted about getting some extra minutes in the legs, and that it would be nice to see some old faces.. someone asked "You're playing for K*ttering now?" then RR replied with "Yeah, peaksy told me to find minutes elseware, so I did! Ha."

Maybe I was pissed off about it, because I'd be the same if any of our players joined K*ttering... but ending his tweet with "Ha" was what made me think he only went to the scum to stick a finger up to Peaksy.

He was a bit a hot head and he got abuse from some in the stands, and gave it back too. I liked RR, yes he could go missing during some matches, but when he was on it, he was great. I wouldn't have begruded him going elseware, just not K*ttering for obvious reasons!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Joe Merrill, Matt Finlay, Taylor Orosz and former trialist Kieran Fitzgerald join Adam Confue and Arron Parkinson at Daventry Town.

ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:26 pm Joe Merrill, Matt Finlay, Taylor Orosz and former trialist Kieran Fitzgerald join Adam Confue and Arron Parkinson at Daventry Town.
Why Finners ever went to Barton I do not know! Merrill and Orosz will be great players at that level.
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

David Bell and Alfie Taylor scored in last night’s UCL curtain raiser as Irchester won 4-0 away at Raunds.

Quincy Shorunmu joins PNS.

AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Judging by Ryan Robbins twitter he hasn’t signed on with K*ttering.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

ParcelFace wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:52 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:26 pm Joe Merrill, Matt Finlay, Taylor Orosz and former trialist Kieran Fitzgerald join Adam Confue and Arron Parkinson at Daventry Town.
Why Finners ever went to Barton I do not know! Merrill and Orosz will be great players at that level.
Probably just to get games. Coming towards the end of his playing career and nearing the end of the season, I'm sure he just wanted game time.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Ryan Robbins playing at Shepshed Dynamo this afternoon where Stamford AFC are the visitors.
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Trek wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:44 pm Ryan Robbins playing at Shepshed Dynamo this afternoon where Stamford AFC are the visitors.
Pearson Mwanyongo has somehow ended up at Shepshed after being at Solihull Moors just 18 months ago. Would have thought he’d be of interest to us.