Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: Former Players

Post by BartonRaz »

Not a former player but an interesting fact. They just interviewed Wycombe captain Matt Bloomfield on the BBC after the FA Cup Draw. Incredible to think he made his debut for Wycombe when we beat them 2-0 at their place in 2003 thanks to a couple of goals from Rodney Jack.

Not very often a player spends that length of time at a club at that level in this day and age.

Bayo Akinfenwa was on the bench for us that day.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

rushden_jm wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:34 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:22 pm Lewis Hilliard has left St Ives. Now that is a player I'd love to see at the club.
Would be a class signing for us. Just the type of player we're lacking at the moment. Maybe you should make a separate thread for him so Peaksie definitely sees this :biggrin:

Played for Peterborough Sports (or I assume it's him) and scored in their Hillier Cup game tonight against Cogenhoe.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Mad Dog wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:21 pm
Played for Peterborough Sports (or I assume it's him) and scored in their Hillier Cup game tonight against Cogenhoe.
Yes, definitely the same player. I saw a photo of him playing for PS last Saturday.
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

Matt Finlay has signed for Barton Rovers.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

YoungDiamond wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:20 pm Matt Finlay has signed for Barton Rovers.
Well after their display against us they certainly need a keeper.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Fernando Bell-T joins Basford - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/bell-toxtle- ... asford-utd . He went straight into their starting line-up today, and I notice he joined James Reid and Jerry Nash in the Basford team.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:46 pm Fernando Bell-T joins Basford - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/bell-toxtle- ... asford-utd . He went straight into their starting line-up today, and I notice he joined James Reid and Jerry Nash in the Basford team.
I believe this was known about before the game on Tuesday, which makes the fact he was given a full 90 minutes slightly confusing.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:53 pm
Formic wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:46 pm Fernando Bell-T joins Basford - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/bell-toxtle- ... asford-utd . He went straight into their starting line-up today, and I notice he joined James Reid and Jerry Nash in the Basford team.
I believe this was known about before the game on Tuesday, which makes the fact he was given a full 90 minutes slightly confusing.
A real shame. But as he at uni in Nottingham and Basford are prepared to use him then it's a sensible move for him and Tuesday was fitting tribute to him.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

But the good thing is that we have kept his Southern league registration
Cotty

Post by Cotty »

Paul Bastock (R&DFC 2007-2008 25 appearances) has just broken Peter Shilton's record for total appearances. He played his 1250th game, playing for Wisbech Town at the age of 47. Also in the Look East feature about this achievement was Gary Setchell Wisbech's current manager, also ex R&DFC (2000-2003 77 appearances.)