Expectations !!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Expectations !!

Post by Pigman »

Well, the FA Cup has gone !! The FA Trophy has gone !! The only thing left is the BSP !!

Looking at the games we have coming up it looks as though 14 days in February will, if not decide, then certainly give us a good indication of our fate - 4 games in 14 days that could either make or break our season.

I'm not discounting the other sides we have to play over the coming weeks, but the next 5 games are against opposition we "should" beat. We've had our loosener this week, the muscles are stretched and warmed up, the cobwebs of the past months inactivity blown away (I hope). The highest placed side in our next 5 games is Hayes and Yeading (15th) - Barrow, Wrexham, H&Y, Grays and Eastbourne are ALL sides we should beat - then comes 4 really stern tests.

Stevenage, Oxford, Mansfield and the Scum - 13th, 16th, 20th and 27th !!!! That is a massive challenge.

IF we manage 5 wins out of 5 prior to these, and pick up maximum points in 2 of these games I will start to get a little excited, but we must beat Mansfield and the Scum, we must pick up maximum points against the sides around us. With Oxford wobbling a little of late it wouldn't surprise me to see us upset them, but thats my heart talking !!

We have nothing to distract us now - the players should be looking at closing the 6 points between us and the Scum over the next few weeks and then really pushing on and showing our promotion credentials in these 4 games.

I think JE truly believes that the squad he has can rise to the challenge, I don't think he's just talking them up a bit, he truly believes. Get to the end of Feb with 21 points or more added to our tally and I will as well.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Steve

Re: Expectations !!

Post by Steve »

I agree those four games in February are the big four.

Everyone seems very confident about our next five games though, I know on paper they should be easy, but our last two matches against 'easier' teams were 0-1 to FGR and 1-0 against Billericay.

I can't see us making the play offs with or without Tommo and Osano, but i agree with this
PigmanRDFC wrote: IF we manage 5 wins out of 5 prior to these, and pick up maximum points in 2 of these games I will start to get a little excited, .
And i also think JEMS, and the current squad is capable of doing it.

I don't expect to finish in the play-offs, but I'm very hopeful we can.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Re: Expectations !!

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I refer the honourable gentleman to the thread linkything

http://www.thediamondsforum.co.uk/viewt ... ?f=2&t=217
AFC R & D member number 34