Bloody well done !!!!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Bloody well done !!!!

Post by Pigman »

To the 12 Diamonds fans who travelled to Workington - much respect guys n gals !!!!

Personally I'm disappointed with this result, I really felt as though we could have done well in this competition this year and this defeat is a blow - I hope it doesn't dent confidence for the coming league games.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Superhans

Re: Bloody well done !!!!

Post by Superhans »

agreed.
it must have took some real hardcore support (plus spare time and money) to make that trip for tonights game.

fair play to you all, much respect

bet all 12 wish they hadnt bothered tho..
WHEN I SANG RUSHDEN TILL I DIE I MENT IT! LONG LIVE THE AFC...
UpTheReds

Post by UpTheReds »

Echo the above sentiments. Hope they were treated well and, despite the result, left with fond memories.

A disappointing attendance overall though, perhaps it's the missing road infrastructure and bridges!
diamond_scot

Post by diamond_scot »

Two of us made the trip who wouldn't normally be there - returning from north of the border as this was the closest we get to a 'home' match, Gateshead excepted!

The crowd was a little disappointing, but it was the FA Trophy and not the league / FA Cup. I thought the Diamonds didn't play too badly and the too goals were poor. They also accounted for about 50% of any shots on/off target from Workington, as compared to our 10/15 attempts. Admittedly, most of our attempts (Farrell's goal and header, Tomlin's shot in the second half, Byrne hitting the post aside) were closer to pass backs than shots in anger... I think J-Lo and Farrell didn't gel, but couldn't really fault the effort. Dale did ok - partial blame for 1st goal, no chance with decent finish at the second. He certainly doesn't deserve the blame that has been attributed elsewhere. Had the team taken their chances and made the pressure count, then we'd have won by a couple of goals.

Next match for me might be Stevenage at Nene Park, so at least the crowd will be better then. It was just good to see the team again, irrespective of the result not being to my liking!
OsanoIsKing

Post by OsanoIsKing »

Agreed about the shots being more like back passes. I think we just lacked the final ball, especially from wide areas putting the ball into the box, same with free kicks from wide aswell. One of the most frustrating things is not beating the first man, and we done it a few times yesterday. 90 mins on that pitch would have been hard, cutting up from the start so probably didn't help with us trying to play it on the deck.

If we went down without a fight I would have regretted going, but we had enough chances and possession to win it so not too worried.