Biggest Mistake of the season soo far

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 81 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Biggest Mistake of the season soo far

Post by Rushdenjim »

Letting Abbey go! He wasnt silky with his ability to look good and in control but at the end of the day a GK has one job to do and that keep the ball out the net and im sorry but Abbey just did it better than Roberts. The Fans love Dale and that understandable, hes loves us and the club. But Weve mistreated a perfectly good player in Abbey and now hes going playing for K*ttering and i dare say he will come back to haunt us in the East Northants Derby coming up next month. The fans that love Dale will say Dale will be twice the player Abbey is in a couple of years time but we cant run a football team on the potental of players, you base it on current preformances and Abbey was 10 times better than Dale is. And actually i suggest that Dales preformances of late have been nothing short of unimpressive. The last Game is was beaten at hes near post Vs Kiddy, Which in my eyes is extremely poor of a GK of hes quailty, Hes got no real competion in Joe Day so i worry that he wont turn out to be the player we all hope and expect! Deep down i beleive many of us know that we would have a couple more points on the board if Abbey stayed and we can only guess at how many point will could and maybe will lose due to Dale's mistakes.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 138 times

Re: Biggest Mistake of the season soo far

Post by BartonRaz »

Abbey was an enigma.

On his day he was very very good, but otherwise he was fairly poor.

Those who saw him at Cambridge and Brighton will know what i mean. AFC Wimbledon was another example too.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 30 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Abbey did cost us points though remember AFCW? I'm much more confident in the team's ability with Dale between the sticks, if he can sort out the communication everything will be fine.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote:Abbey was an enigma.

On his day he was very very good, but othrwise he was fairly poor.

Those who saw him at Cambridge and Brighton will know what i mean. AFC Wimbledon was another example too.
and he almost costed us against luton, wiv his poor kicking, but was let off by there dump finishing!
Rushdenjim

Post by Rushdenjim »

Which brings me too my main point, How many did Luton scored against Us- Zero. Roberts as already let 2 in tonight. How ever poor Luton were that day. This is Workington we are playing
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Roberts also let in 5 against Grays (I think it was) I know one was disallowed but he still let it in. As was said earlier in this thread DR has no competition for places and Abbey will haunt us in a few weeks.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 138 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Abbey just conceeded a pen, in both senses of the word. Got a booking.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Rushdenjim

Post by Rushdenjim »

Roberts and Abbey have actually played exactly the same amount of games before this game, 13 each. Roberts letting 15 pass him including 4 Vs Grays and 2 Vs Forest Green Rovers. Making 3 clean sheets.

Abbey had let 11 pass him, including 2 Vs Crawley and 2 Vs cambridge, Keeping 5 clean Sheets including Luton and Mansfield!
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Rushdenjim wrote:Which brings me too my main point, How many did Luton scored against Us- Zero. Roberts as already let 2 in tonight. How ever poor Luton were that day. This is Workington we are playing
Firstly you're not at the game, how can you comment on Dale's display?

Secondly from all accounts Abbey behaved like a spoilt child after being dropped so how you can say we mistreated him I do not know.

Edited to remove pointless expletive
Last edited by wewantourdarbyback on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

Rushdenjim wrote:Which brings me too my main point, How many did Luton scored against Us- Zero. Roberts as already let 2 in tonight. How ever poor Luton were that day. This is Workington we are playing
Firstly, let's not start disrespecting Workington who seem like a decent club and whose fans have, largely, made an interesting and valuable contribution to this forum during the period of both cup ties which we have played against them.

Secondly, your point assumes that the goalkeeper is entirely to blame when a goal is conceded, which is just plain wrong - it's as much to do with the players in front of him.

Also, freeing up the wages from Abbey will allow us to strengthen in other areas i.e. signing another decent defender.

You can't turn back time so if I were you I would just forget it and keep supporting Dale who has made some fantastic stops over the past couple of years and has the ability to play at a much higher level. So far I'd say that on the whole JEMS know what they're doing so personally I'm going to trust them on this one.