workington match

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
UpTheReds

Re: workington match

Post by UpTheReds »

That wasn't the same Rushden and Diamonds team from the FA Cup visit was it?
We'll claim the first half, but even without the ref's sometimes blinkered views, you deserved something from all that second half pressure.

Here's to next season.....maybe.
ID

Post by ID »

UpTheReds wrote:That wasn't the same Rushden and Diamonds team from the FA Cup visit was it?
We'll claim the first half, but even without the ref's sometimes blinkered views, you deserved something from all that second half pressure.

Here's to next season.....maybe.
It's a pity we're out now but to be honest I think a lot of people would have taken a defeat today over a defeat on Saturday - no offense to you or to the competition intended, but if we are to continue our drive for promotion (the ultimate goal) then avoiding defeat against Barrow at the weekend is very important.

Having said that, good luck to you guys against Wimbledon. It should be a good day out for you lot, they're a very friendly club, apparently, and I'm jealous I won't be able to make the game, now...that'll teach me to start looking into train times etc. before we get through! :oops: ;)
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

That's a totally dispiriting result for me. We took our full-time professionals on an overnight stay the day before the match, then they proceeded to get beaten by a team of postmen, bank clerks, window cleaners and bricklayers. That's why I can't see us making the play-offs, we lose the odd game we just shouldn't. Awful result, I hope JEMS lays into 'em hard!
AFC R & D member number 34
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Two of Diamonds wrote:That's a totally dispiriting result for me. We took our full-time professionals on an overnight stay the day before the match, then they proceeded to get beaten by a team of postmen, bank clerks, window cleaners and bricklayers. That's why I can't see us making the play-offs, we lose the odd game we just shouldn't. Awful result, I hope JEMS lays into 'em hard!
Yes disapointing but its a cup game and these things occur.

By your remarks about part timers beating us you then whats the point of us as a lowly non league club entering the F.A Cup, i mean playing League clubs and getting a win just plain stupid aint it, never happens does it :roll: .
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

Last night's result could yet prove to be our best of the season ;)
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

rushdenman wrote:Last night's result could yet prove to be our best of the season ;)
Indeed - I remember going out rather tamely to Forest Green in early 2001 - and look what happened after that...

We fought well last night, just missing a bit of firepower up front, and any options to change it, with Akurang not risked, O'Connor injured and Smith cup-tied. Tomlin struggled to get into the game at times, but when he did we looked dangerous on whichever flank he was operating on - but we lacked a second wide player (although Byrne was MoM for his performance in central midfield). Those who thought we'd seen the last of Tomlin in the Kidderminster game were wrong - although he might have been facing a lengthy ban if the ref had taken sterner action against for his two footed challenge that earned him a yellow card.

JE's thoughts after the game are at http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 74,00.html
Three of Diamonds

Biggles wrote: Yes disapointing but its a cup game and these things occur.

By your remarks about part timers beating us you then whats the point of us as a lowly non league club entering the F.A Cup, i mean playing League clubs and getting a win just plain stupid aint it, never happens does it :roll: .

Of course it happens, but it doesn't mean we have to like it, does it ??
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Two of Diamonds wrote:
Biggles wrote: Yes disapointing but its a cup game and these things occur.

Of course it happens, but it doesn't mean we have to like it, does it ??
Yes it does, now pipe down you realistic b*stard before I get Dazza to mouth off about you :twisted:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Three of Diamonds

wewantourdarbyback wrote:
Yes it does, now pipe down you realistic b*stard before I get Dazza to mouth off about you :twisted:

Sorry sir ;) :lol: