The next five league games

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

The next five league games

Post by Three of Diamonds »

H - Barrow
H - Wrexham
A - Hayes & Yeading
A - Grays
H - Eastbourne

As it stands with no extra games planned in at the moment. IMO we need to win all of these games to stay in the play-off contention pack. We cannot afford silly slip-ups anymore and need to pressurise the rest of the teams around us in that area. After that we have some very tough fixtures but the run-in isn't that bad if we're in the mix.
AFC R & D member number 34
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: The next five league games

Post by BartonRaz »

IF we can win these 5 games we have got to be right in the mix. I think its going to be us and Luton fighting for the final play-off place. The final game of the season could be interesting.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

BartonRaz wrote:IF we can win these 5 games we have got to be right in the mix. I think its going to be us and Luton fighting for the final play-off place. The final game of the season could be interesting.
As it stands, assuming K*ttering continue their slide, we need to win our games in hand on Wimbledon and Mansfield and match their results to get a play off place. If we can do that, then it won't matter what Luton get up to.
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

Mad Dog wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:IF we can win these 5 games we have got to be right in the mix. I think its going to be us and Luton fighting for the final play-off place. The final game of the season could be interesting.
As it stands, assuming K*ttering continue their slide, we need to win our games in hand on Wimbledon and Mansfield and match their results to get a play off place. If we can do that, then it won't matter what Luton get up to.
Don't forget Luton are above us and with a game in hand.

And that's as far as I go on this ridiculously optomistic thread. We'd need a couple of signings to be a playoff challenging side. We've seen JE is looking at people to bring in, so we'll have to wait and see what happens. Just look for now at progressing in the trophy and then beating Barrow at our place. Forget about what others do and concentrate on our results until we get much nearer the run in.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Jemfy wrote:
And that's as far as I go on this ridiculously optomistic thread. We'd need a couple of signings to be a playoff challenging side. We've seen JE is looking at people to bring in, so we'll have to wait and see what happens. Just look for now at progressing in the trophy and then beating Barrow at our place. Forget about what others do and concentrate on our results until we get much nearer the run in.

I don't see anything ridiculously optimistic posted really Jemfy, just some opinions and debate around it. Better optimistic than pessimistic eh ;) ??
AFC R & D member number 34
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

We all know how bad we play against these weaker sides anyway. It Never happens the way we wont it to.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Jemfy wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:
Don't forget Luton are above us and with a game in hand.

I didn't as mentioned above. If Luton finish above us, K*ttering continue to slide, if we were able to match the other two in terms of results and win the games in hand on them, mathematically we would finish 5th.
coolcuts wrote:We all know how bad we play against these weaker sides anyway. It Never happens the way we wont it to.

We're supposed to be out of contention by this stage, going by previous seasons and the old rulebook. We are not. New era, new rules.

I'm not asking anyone to expect the team to do it, I'm asking people to not write us off when we are in the best position we've ever been in since getting relegated.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Would be fantastic if that's the case, imagine the attendance, could be looking at 4/5000!!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Jemfy wrote:And that's as far as I go on this ridiculously optomistic thread.
This coming from the man who the other day was suggesting we could sign Sills and Bolasie in the transfer window!!! ;) :lol:
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

Those 5 games are definitely winnable:

Barrow - 16th, and we've beaten them comfortably already
Wrexham - 17th, haven't played for a month, have a clueless manager
Hayes & Yeading - 15th, looked terrible against us at home but have had a few good wins
Grays - 23rd, would be bottom without Chester's deduction, again have a clueless manager
Eastbourne - 18th, drew away but would be expected to win at home

If we can go on another run of wins we'll be right up there, if we can take advantage of the games in hand to go above K*ttering, Mansfield and AFCW. The one problem is that 2 of those games in hand are v Oxford.
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90