Tuesday's game in doubt

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Tuesday's game in doubt

Post by Formic »

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/reds ... Path=sport

"Milder temperatures are expected in West Cumbria over the start of next week but the FA Trophy second round game with Rushden & Diamonds is in doubt."

"The Borough Park pitch has been frozen and as the snow has melted, standing water has been left with nowhere to drain."
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: Tuesday's game in doubt

Post by Mad Dog »

If it doesn't go ahead, I think its time to switch it to a neutral venue. :|
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Mad Dog wrote:If it doesn't go ahead, I think its time to switch it to a neutral venue. :|
Although those of us face with huge travelling costs to get there for a second time this season (and the additional cost of an overnight stay) wouldn't complain from that point of view, I don't think this would be fair. After all, we wouldn't have played at Nene Park for either of the original two dates either, and games have been called off in Northants due to waterlogging today.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Formic wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:If it doesn't go ahead, I think its time to switch it to a neutral venue. :|
Although those of us face with huge travelling costs to get there for a second time this season (and the additional cost of an overnight stay) wouldn't complain from that point of view, I don't think this would be fair. After all, we wouldn't have played at Nene Park for either of the original two dates either, and games have been called off in Northants due to waterlogging today.
I understand that, but I would probably be saying the same thing if it was the reverse. There is only so long this can be held up, being a cup competition and if it carries on, they're going to have to consider it.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Mad Dog wrote: There is only so long this can be held up, being a cup competition and if it carries on, they're going to have to consider it.
Histon have still to play the previous round at Maidstone so I don't see the FA rushing to change it to a neutral venue.

Good job some of you weren't around in the 1962-63 season when there was hardly any football played for a couple of months.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Interestingly, Montrose V Stranraer are playing at Stranraer because Montrose's ground wasn't fit to play.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

What's a football match?
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Don't think they would consider a venue switch yet, as we still have the Tuesday after, available. Wrexham would be pi55ed tho, as they've played less than us over the last month, but it will be off if we draw with Workington on Tuesday!
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:Don't think they would consider a venue switch yet, as we still have the Tuesday after, available. Wrexham would be pi55ed tho, as they've played less than us over the last month, but it will be off if we draw with Workington on Tuesday!
I think the worst scenario would be if we draw on Tuesday and then have to cancel the Wrexham game for the replay and then win the replay! That would leave three games to be rearranged with 5 Tuesdays left and only 2 that K*ttering could do. I think the Conference should look at scrapping the Wembley play-off and Trophy finals and hold them elsewhere so that the season can be extended.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
ID

Post by ID »

Sara Pascoe wrote:I think the Conference should look at scrapping the Wembley play-off and Trophy finals and hold them elsewhere so that the season can be extended.
I dread to imagine the pitiful numbers we would bring to Wembley... how many did we bring during the glory days?
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS