Ticket Numbers

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Hotspur

Re: Ticket Numbers

Post by Hotspur »

A few years ago I looked into the Football League terms and conditions relating to refunds for postponed matches. In short, legislation (Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts) is in place so that if service or facility i.e. a football match isn't provided as contracted then the customer is entitled to a refund of monies paid. The same applies to music events, shows etc which are cancelled or rearranged due to illness of the performer or bad weather.

Many fans will want to attend the rearranged date but if they can't due to whatever reason they are entitled to a refund. There was some Office of Fair Trading guidance on this.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No.326
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Re: Ticket Numbers

Post by Olly »

Formic wrote:
Sara Pascoe wrote:
Jemfy wrote:If K*ttering aren't willing to offer refunds to those who cannot make the re-arranged date whenver it is then maybe the club could facilitate the selling of tickets from fans who can't go to those who will be looking for tickets for the re-arranged game? "Selling" these on behalf of those fans ahead of those that are the possession of KTFC. Not sure how legal that is, or why it wouldn't be (all tickets must go at face value or below only), but surely with the option to buy from either stock should someone for some bizarre reason rather their money went there than to a genuine fan whose cash would otherwise be wasted...
Surely there has to be some kind of rule allowing for refunds? It's not surprising that it's Ladak of all people that refuses to give refunds. :roll:
Have I missed something here ? Has something been published about this, or is it just one or two people jumping to conclusions ?
People jumping to conclusions it seems perhaps because it's K*ttrin, we won't be giving them the money any time soon so I'm pretty sure refunds will be available like they have been for the Oxford away game.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308