Ticket Numbers

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Steve

Re: Ticket Numbers

Post by Steve »

I am a bit disappointed with the numbers but obviously there is a lot to consider - those of us who are there will have to sing extra hard. :) Really excited now, just hope it doesn't get called off or i am gonna be crying all afternoon. :oops:

I think the home attendance will be much more embarrasing than the away one though :lol:
Last edited by Steve on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Is Duffman a Ploppy in disguise??? :D

500 or so is okay to go and stand and watch football in that pile of shite - with the ticket office open tomorrow I guess a few more will buy tickets once they know for sure the game is on - if I wasn't sure I could make a re-arranged match on a Tuesday I wouldn't get a ticket until I knew its on for sure,I wouldn't trust them not to offer a refund if I couldn't make it !!

People are hard up at the moment, and considering thats 50% of our current home form and just after Christmas I think its a fair turnout, I guess it'll be about 600 in the end if its on tomorrow.

What is more shocking is that they'll only muster a 1000 or so, afterall they keep telling us what a big club they are !! :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
srusrdfc

Post by srusrdfc »

i would gess we will have around 600 standing and about 100 sitting which is not great for a loacal darby but with the weather im not surpriced we havent got more going.
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

If K*ttering aren't willing to offer refunds to those who cannot make the re-arranged date whenver it is then maybe the club could facilitate the selling of tickets from fans who can't go to those who will be looking for tickets for the re-arranged game? "Selling" these on behalf of those fans ahead of those that are the possession of KTFC. Not sure how legal that is, or why it wouldn't be (all tickets must go at face value or below only), but surely with the option to buy from either stock should someone for some bizarre reason rather their money went there than to a genuine fan whose cash would otherwise be wasted...
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Jemfy wrote:If K*ttering aren't willing to offer refunds to those who cannot make the re-arranged date whenver it is then maybe the club could facilitate the selling of tickets from fans who can't go to those who will be looking for tickets for the re-arranged game? "Selling" these on behalf of those fans ahead of those that are the possession of KTFC. Not sure how legal that is, or why it wouldn't be (all tickets must go at face value or below only), but surely with the option to buy from either stock should someone for some bizarre reason rather their money went there than to a genuine fan whose cash would otherwise be wasted...
Surely there has to be some kind of rule allowing for refunds? It's not surprising that it's Ladak of all people that refuses to give refunds. :roll:
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
wasteman

Post by wasteman »

i am not sure of the rule but i would think if you buy a ticket and they do not supply the goods on THAT TICKET then they have to refund.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Presumably K*ttering don't have our money so it's not down to them to issue refunds. According to RH on another thread, go down the ticket office and it'l be sorted, but its always worth keeping them for a little while until the rearranged date is announced.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

BartonRaz wrote:Presumably K*ttering don't have our money so it's not down to them to issue refunds. According to RH on another thread, go down the ticket office and it'l be sorted, but its always worth keeping them for a little while until the rearranged date is announced.
If we are holding it for them, it is still their money. The club sells the tickets on behalf of the home side, they don't buy them off the home side then sell back what we don't sell. I am not sure they are allowed to do it, and I think the ticket numbering could cause some awkward problems if that were to be the case.

All they have to provide to be within the rules is all tickets purchased for the original game to be valid for the others. Both us and Oxford realise that by not allowing people refunds they are not going to want to risk buying a ticket to a game that might get called off in future, offering exchange for another game allows you to attempt to keep the custom. With K*ttering I don't think Ladak cares... If you have entered the ground and it gets called off you can claim a ticket for the replayed fixture from your stub, same for if a game is postponed after it has started. They are under no obligation to give you your money back, it was with this in mind that I mentioned the above, maybe create some good will amoungst fans who are only going because it's the derby and wouldn't otherwise go to many of the home games. Also as far as I am aware there is nothing in the rules agaisnt it.

Also on the announcements over the Oxford games home and away, and the Chester one IIRC, the option of refunds was expressly stated. In this release it hasn't been. It'll be interesting to see what happens when people start trying to get refunds, who knows maybe it was just something that was left off in order to get the announcement out ASAP?
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

http://www.which.co.uk/advice/buying-ti ... /index.jsp

There are no terms and conditions printed on my tickets, and cannot see any on their offy site. I bought one for my mate who is a regular at NP, but cannot (usually) get to evening games due to working permanent evenings. It would seem a poor do if refunds weren't offered.
AFC R & D member number 34
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Sara Pascoe wrote:
Jemfy wrote:If K*ttering aren't willing to offer refunds to those who cannot make the re-arranged date whenver it is then maybe the club could facilitate the selling of tickets from fans who can't go to those who will be looking for tickets for the re-arranged game? "Selling" these on behalf of those fans ahead of those that are the possession of KTFC. Not sure how legal that is, or why it wouldn't be (all tickets must go at face value or below only), but surely with the option to buy from either stock should someone for some bizarre reason rather their money went there than to a genuine fan whose cash would otherwise be wasted...
Surely there has to be some kind of rule allowing for refunds? It's not surprising that it's Ladak of all people that refuses to give refunds. :roll:
Have I missed something here ? Has something been published about this, or is it just one or two people jumping to conclusions ?