Pitch Inspection

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
danielp4219

Re: Pitch Inspection

Post by danielp4219 »

I can tell you from spending most of my time lately in K*ttering, this game is very unlikely to go ahead, if the pitch has been left untouched since before christmas then theres no chance, the backstreets round my way have been driven on, walked over and shovelled for weeks and still look like an ice rink. Its a shame, this will be my first away derby game!
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

I imagine the offer of a refund will be on the table, just like for the Oxford tickets (both home and away).

Same boat as above. Could really have done with a decision early either way and definate.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I think they've got it spot on with the time of the inspection, they're giving it every chance. The forecast is for it to warm up and even with a wet pitch it could make it a good game.
AFC R & D member number 34
srusrdfc

Post by srusrdfc »

i think a little bit of rain will help the frost come out of the ground with the warmer temperture there saying we will get.
fingers crossed it will be on
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

Yeah with the little bit of snow they have and rain on saturday i cannot see it being that bad, we have had worse games were its been raining for days on end,(its not like Histons clay pitch) They light rain and warm tempreture tomorrow will thraw the frost right out. Look forward to Saturday!!
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

In K*ttering now and no snow or ice . Even wiki park didnt seem to hav any
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

AndyKirkup wrote:I just hope that there is a Rushden and Diamonds official in attendance at the pitch inspection on Saturday - I have a feeling that the ref will be put under some pressure to call the game off from the K*tt*ring side!
The scum fans, players and management may be reluctant for the game to go ahead because of their lack of a squad, but I imagine Ladick and the rest of the board will be desperate for it to go ahead. With it being so long since their last game I'm sure they really need the gate receipts, and if the game was postponed and moved to a Tuesday night it's very likely that the attendance will suffer.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
srusrdfc

Post by srusrdfc »

i would think the board at K*ttering will be pushing the game to go ahead to get some much needed funds in and keep it to a saturday for a bigger attendence.
danielp4219

Post by danielp4219 »

I've just been down to the ground with a mate of mine on my lunch break so he could buy his scum tickets, and the woman in the office said the pitch was looking a lot better and they were confident it should be ok for tomorrow. There was a fair amount of rain earlier which has done a hell of a job on the snow around me, and the ground looked clear too, so here's hoping!
rdfcgazza

Post by rdfcgazza »

only problem for tommorow now is if we get too much rain. meant to rain heavyish all day tommorow and it could be too much for the pitch to cope due to the snow melting aswell