Pitch Inspection

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Pitch Inspection

Post by Biggles »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Turveyman

Re: Pitch Inspection

Post by Turveyman »

Common sense prevails.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Boo wanted a decision before Saturday! I suppose its the right call but not for me :wink: Just hope its on now!
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

jimbobjaw wrote:Boo wanted a decision before Saturday! I suppose its the right call but not for me :wink: Just hope its on now!
It would have been pants if it had got called off tomorrow morning though.

I just hope that there is a Rushden and Diamonds official in attendance at the pitch inspection on Saturday - I have a feeling that the ref will be put under some pressure to call the game off from the K*tt*ring side!
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

AndyKirkup wrote:
jimbobjaw wrote:Boo wanted a decision before Saturday! I suppose its the right call but not for me :wink: Just hope its on now!
It would have been pants if it had got called off tomorrow morning though.

I just hope that there is a Rushden and Diamonds official in attendance at the pitch inspection on Saturday - I have a feeling that the ref will be put under some pressure to call the game off from the K*tt*ring side!
Yeah i guess it would, although in truth i think if they had have had the inspection tommorrow, they would have not come to a decision, and just moved it to Saturday anywhere.

I would imagine it is still touch and go. Although its warmer, it does always depend on how deep the frost has got, the surrounding conditions, and if there melted snow has ended in the pitch being waterlogged. Any one of these could still cause it to be off, imo.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Balls means I'm gonna have to go to NP tomorrow and buy a ticket for a game that I might not be able to go to.

I'd have no problem with that were it at home but putting unnecessary money in that clubs hands makes me feel ill.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:Balls means I'm gonna have to go to NP tomorrow and buy a ticket for a game that I might not be able to go to.

I'd have no problem with that were it at home but putting unnecessary money in that clubs hands makes me feel ill.

I seriously doubt we'll hand any money over to that club for this game until the final whistle has been blown.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Probably means the chances of it being on are increased from extremely unlikely to just very unlikely but I'm pleased with the decision as Friday's weather does look good for the pitch being much warmer. Although then again heavy rain on Satuday morning doesn't look good.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Mad Dog wrote:
wewantourdarbyback wrote:Balls means I'm gonna have to go to NP tomorrow and buy a ticket for a game that I might not be able to go to.

I seriously doubt we'll hand any money over to that club for this game until the final whistle has been blown.
But at some point it will be rearranged and I have no idea whether I'll be able to get down for it.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Purchased my ticket around an hour ago and the guy in the shop said it don't look good, pitch wise. 350 sold so far