Four New Players Are On Their Way

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Jemfy

Re: Four New Players Are On Their Way

Post by Jemfy »

Well the defender is likely to be Foster or don't forget Darius Charles (not to be confused with Anthony Charles AKA Coco the clown), either would be a great addition to the squad, young, potential, and experienced at this level.

3 players from the football league on the shortlist. You know Bolasie and Sills are with league clubs... ;)
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Jemfy wrote:Well the defender is likely to be Foster or don't forget Darius Charles (not to be confused with Anthony Charles AKA Coco the clown), either would be a great addition to the squad, young, potential, and experienced at this level.

3 players from the football league on the shortlist. You know Bolasie and Sills are with league clubs... ;)
Not again :wink: to be fair if we do get those two i will almost literally be over the moon, although i suspect we will never hear the last of it from you Jemfy :wink:

Btw, who is this guy "Foster"?
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

jimbobjaw wrote:
Jemfy wrote:Well the defender is likely to be Foster or don't forget Darius Charles (not to be confused with Anthony Charles AKA Coco the clown), either would be a great addition to the squad, young, potential, and experienced at this level.

Not again :wink: to be fair if we do get those two i will almost literally be over the moon, although i suspect we will never hear the last of it from you Jemfy :wink:

Btw, who is this guy "Foster"?
Luke Foster of Oxford, who has been told he can leave. I think Garry Hill tried to sign him as well
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
Rdfc91

Post by Rdfc91 »

Darius Charles is a top defender, when we played down there earlier on in the season he was absolute rock.

But if i remember correctly York had multiple bids turned down for him in the summer with the highest being 55k i think?, so i doubt we could afford to bring him here :(
billylovesdale

Post by billylovesdale »

who does darius charles play for ?
Rushdentom

Post by Rushdentom »

Ebbsfleet. Wheren't him and Gash meant to move somewhere over the summer but Charles didn't want to move?
OsanoIsKing

Post by OsanoIsKing »

As Rdfc91 said, Charles was a York target in the summer. I think they bid £80k for both him and gash.

Foster is one we were after in the summer/end of last year. Can't see him going Cambridge as I hear they're not too strong financially, Mansfield or us if you ask me.
rdfc4life

Post by rdfc4life »

Tbh only really need striker and centre back to play with Stu, so Foster and Sills would be great signings!
Red Diamond

Post by Red Diamond »

http://www.northantset.co.uk/sport/Edin ... 5990861.jp

Maybe not four players on their way but still looks like a couple of players signing in the next day or so.