McGuinness and Smith

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

McGuinness and Smith

Post by BartonRaz »

http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,2 ... 53,00.html

Welcome back Sam, just in time ;) .

McGuinness on loan at Weymouth until the end of the season, when he contract ends.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
jimbobjaw

Re: McGuinness and Smith

Post by jimbobjaw »

I believe Sams average at Hinckley was four goals per game?! Just one will do in our next game (or whenever we do play the scum).

It is a shame the weather has hindered his loan spell there, would have been nice for him to get plenty of games under his belt, but hopefully he can get goals here if given the chance.

As for McGuinness, i doubt very much if we will see him play for us again. Never seen the lad, but i suspect he will be deemed surplus at the end of this loan. I dont believe he is anywhere close to challenging for starting places in our midfield.
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

jimbobjaw wrote:I believe Sams average at Hinckley was four goals per game?! Just one will do in our next game (or whenever we do play the scum).

It is a shame the weather has hindered his loan spell there, would have been nice for him to get plenty of games under his belt, but hopefully he can get goals here if given the chance.

As for McGuinness, i doubt very much if we will see him play for us again. Never seen the lad, but i suspect he will be deemed surplus at the end of this loan. I dont believe he is anywhere close to challenging for starting places in our midfield.
Unfortunately I am sure he played in the FAT for Hinckley, both games against York I think, taking it down to 4 in 3, although if you exclude tinpot* competitions then it's 4/game ;)

*it's tinpot to the side he was representing. It still represents a good chance of getting to Wembley. Until we get knocked out of course, then it reverts to being a useless tinpot compeition.

Also McGuinness has been playing at RB for Weymouth. He did play in that position for us too, never got time to form an opinion of him, wouldn't be overly sorry to see him leave at the end of his contract depending on what happens with other players. He's highly thought of there so we should still keep a close eye on him though.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Sam played 4 games for Hinckley according to their website - scoring the 4 goals in all - all in the one game.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Formic wrote:Sam played 4 games for Hinckley according to their website - scoring the 4 goals in all - all in the one game.
A goal a game. I'd take that if he could reproduce it here :D , shades of Onandi Lowe ;)
AFC R & D member number 34
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Two of Diamonds wrote:
Formic wrote:Sam played 4 games for Hinckley according to their website - scoring the 4 goals in all - all in the one game.
A goal a game. I'd take that if he could reproduce it here :D , shades of Onandi Lowe ;)
I apologies for being so wrong :oops: , but as pointed out 4 in 4 is still pretty good going :oops: ;)