Workington OFF - again!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Jemfy

Re: Workington OFF - again!

Post by Jemfy »

Costs such as hotels and travel get taken out of the gate receipts before they are split.

I seemed to think there was some sort of ruling if it got called off so many times, but it doesn't appear to be the case after checking up on the rules, I think it can change venue if both clubs agree, but you need both clubs to agree to it and Workington being a part time side would probably be hugely against adding an extra away tuesday game as some players might not be available, wheras we wouldn't have that problem as a full time side.

I think in the interests of both clubs fixture congestion if it doesn't go ahead next week then it should be moved to either a neutral venue or Nene Park.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Jemfy wrote:I think in the interests of both clubs fixture congestion if it doesn't go ahead next week then it should be moved to either a neutral venue or Nene Park.
I wonder if there would be another appropriate venue that is around half way that will be available for the rearranged game. I think this would be a good idea, but alas, i doubt there will be anywhere available, due to all of the postponements.
Steve

Post by Steve »

For the second time this season i am glad of a postponement. Cant go to Workington, but i couldn't make Histon next tuesday, but now i should be able to. Same with oxford away for me.

I really hope when this match does go ahead we win, as a replay is going to be another game to fit in, and i cant see hardly anyone going, not easy to motivate yourself for Workington at home in the FAT replay :roll:
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I take it, that if we require a replay against Workington, then this will take priority over the Wrexham fixture?