Ladick & the Scum

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Basil

Re: Ladick & the Scum

Post by Basil »

Corby fans definitely hate the scum as much as we do and they would not be happy at the thought of a merger with them.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Basil wrote:Corby fans definitely hate the scum as much as we do and they would not be happy at the thought of a merger with them.
Shows how desperate some of them are then. ;)
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

Isn't the ruling on mergers that the league standing of the lower team is that taken by the new club? I seem to recall reading this and that we were an exception to the rule for reasons that were never made clear.

I don't see either club accepting this really. K*ttering don't see Corby as their local rivals really, but Corby hate K*ttering like we do. K*ttering would see it as a move away from the borough and a change of name for no good reason. And a loss of a division in status should the above be correct and Corby not be promoted. Also keeping the identity of both clubs will destroy the identity of both. No I can't see either set of fans agreeing to it, especially as Corby don't have any financial problems as far as I am aware. OK the fans don't get a choice most of the time, but I think they would only ever do it as a last ditch "we go to the wall if we don't" arguement. Not sure how they would ever get corby to accept it though.
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

After they changed the rules to suit Milton Keynes I would say that K*ttering merging with Corby shouldn't be a problem, just call the club Corby Poppies and move into K*ttering's league position.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

coltrane wrote:After they changed the rules to suit Milton Keynes I would say that K*ttering merging with Corby shouldn't be a problem, just call the club Corby Poppies and move into K*ttering's league position.
What rules did they change to suit MK ? Wimbledon asked the FA for permission to relocate to MK and they gave that permission. The FL had no rules in place to stop it either, a move that far had never happened before. Wimbledon were in administration when Winklemen brought it then changed the name, technically/ legally it's still Wimbledon (I think).
AFC R & D member number 34
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Actually the rules were changed AFTER the Franchise calamity happened, to make sure that something like that wouldn't happen again.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter