Ladick & the Scum

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: Ladick & the Scum

Post by Pigman »

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy, and on my birthday too - thanks for the pressie Ladick :D

Seriously though, it'll be interesting to see how this develops over the next couple of weeks, he could just be acting like the spoilt little kid we know him to be and trying to force the Borough Clowncil's hand on the new ground issue, or trying to silence the critical fans he has, he may be considered a prat by many, but he's a shrewd operator.

He remains owner of the club so will have to continue picking up the tab, but how deep are those pockets of his?????

I see a lot of chatter on their site about a potential merger with Corby - they're made for eachother !!!

A saga yet to rumble on methinks - hope paying the wages becomes an issue next and players walk out following a breach of contract. Like I've said before, I don't want them to go under, I like having rivals, I just want to see them slid down the table, get relegated and wallow down in the lower leagues where they belong :D
Last edited by Pigman on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:But I thought he loved the scum?

http://www.northantset.co.uk/sport/Lada ... 5900186.jp
Reading that just makes me chuckle !! :lol:
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

It's interesting to note that he has been subsidising the team to the tune of the 5K a week they are supposedly over budget. There playing staff is also now down to about 12-13 players even with the addition of Kelly.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I'm not too sure this really changes much at RR - it reminds me a lot of what is happening at Chester with their owner. IL is still the owner, and may appoint a Chairman who will handle day-to-day stuff, but IL is the one who has an investment to recoup - and will thus continue to pull all of the main strings.

In a way it's good news for them - as one option would have been for IL to put the club up for sale and try to get out ASAP.

It's clearly a sensible option to cut back to a part-time status for the remainder of the season given they can't go up - and this buys them the time to sort things out one way or another for next season - with IL still there, protecting his investment, if they can sort out a deal with the council or the current owner of RR during that period.
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

Why would he resign as chairman while he remains the owner? Surely anyone who owned a business would want to have control of the board of directors. Is he standing down to make way for some sort of merger? What does this mean, "I have run out of ideas to keep the club in the Borough of K*ttering and do not want to instigate or be held responsible for taking us outside the Borough or merging with another club."? :?
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Formic wrote:I'm not too sure this really changes much at RR - it reminds me a lot of what is happening at Chester with their owner. IL is still the owner, and may appoint a Chairman who will handle day-to-day stuff, but IL is the one who has an investment to recoup - and will thus continue to pull all of the main strings.

In a way it's good news for them - as one option would have been for IL to put the club up for sale and try to get out ASAP.

It's clearly a sensible option to cut back to a part-time status for the remainder of the season given they can't go up - and this buys them the time to sort things out one way or another for next season - with IL still there, protecting his investment, if they can sort out a deal with the council or the current owner of RR during that period.
I think a lot of people, myself included, think had they got Man U in the FA Cup he would have left straight afterwards with his pockets full of cash - from what I've heard he hasn't got the kind of wealth required to sustain the kind of losses they are incurring.

Despite everything the club are failing to attract people through the gates (like many clubs) and in spite of the success they have had in recent years no-one gives a stuff - if they did they'd be filling the ground and making life very difficult for the Borough Clowncil, as it is they are getting no real pressure on them because no-one cares.

I agree about the part time thing, reduce costs and live to fight another day.

It'll be a very interesting few weeks in the lead up to our game with them - I can't see that happening on the 16th either !!
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

according to their fans a merger with Corby Town may be in the offing, K*ttering's Tartan Army? :lol:
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

No to a merger with us...............maybe? Listen to the interview......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 448680.stm
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

coltrane wrote:according to their fans a merger with Corby Town may be in the offing, K*ttering's Tartan Army? :lol:
In seriousness, not the worst move for either club. Corby have the money and the ground that with a little modernisation and building good be a good ground, K*ttrin have the fan base(comparatively) and the league standing.

However, if i was a Corby fan, im not sure how much i would want this. Atm, it seems like they are going places, and i just wonder if merging with the Scum would make this progression any quicker.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

coltrane wrote:according to their fans a merger with Corby Town may be in the offing, K*ttering's Tartan Army? :lol:
Can't see it, Corby are on the way up, so would gain little and I've been told they like the scum just as much as we do!