Workington

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
ID

Workington

Post by ID »

Not much chat on here about the game on Saturday (if it goes ahead :? )... personally I see the FA Trophy as a big deal for us, we need a good cup run. It brings in fans and will give the season a bit of purpose if we drop away from the play-offs.

I'm going for another professional win, 2-0, with Tomo and Osano scoring.
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
Steve

Re: Workington

Post by Steve »

I think it is a good tournament in the latter stages, I find it very hard to motivate myself for these early rounds - Although I still go.

Like you say though if we could have a good cup run and boost the attendances the competition could prove very worthwile.

The match will probably be postponed, but if it does go ahead I can see us winning but not by much. However I really don't want a Tuesday night replay.

Also I'd like to see Wolly and McNamara take part at some point
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

I really can't see the game going ahead with the weather conditions the way they are and no let up in sight so I'm going for a postponement ;)
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
ID

Post by ID »

Diamondsforever wrote:I really can't see the game going ahead with the weather conditions the way they are and no let up in sight so I'm going for a postponement ;)
Speaking of postponements, Wrexham have had five games called off in a row :shock:
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

If i was going to travel to this on Sat, i would'nt expect it to be on after today. Games in Scotland at the weekend are already being postboned and with Workington being so close, it looks likely to fall foul of the weather.
I hope the game gets played, cause there would be a poor attendance and proberbly a tougher match if it was played mid-week!
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Not sure what's going to happen with this one as if it is called off on Saturday (almost inevitable), they then would try and play it on the following Tuesday which I can't see going ahead either so not sure when we'll get it played. So I'm predicting the score will be P-P ;)
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
SL12

Post by SL12 »

Can't see the game going ahead.
My parents live in Workington and they said it's freezing and not very hopeful about the game on Sat. :(
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

I had a peek at the Workington forum earlier and they've unsurprisingly called off their match that was scheduled for tonight. Most of them are already anticipating our game on Saturday to be postponed as well.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Rdfc91

Post by Rdfc91 »

They were away at Harrogate tonight.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Rdfc91 wrote:They were away at Harrogate tonight.
Good point! I'm sure their official site said they were at home when I looked at it earlier. I swear they changed it just to make me look stupid! :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297