K*ttering Borough Council

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

K*ttering Borough Council

Post by Formic »

K*ttering Borough Council seem to be supporting the Poppies attempts to move back into town - http://www.ketteringtownfc.com/news/official-statement

I wonder if this might give their counterparts in Rushden some extra encouragement to support the enhancement of sporting facilities in their area.
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: K*ttering Borough Council

Post by therushden »

Strange, as normally kbc never had much time for them.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

I think the Key Word in the First Line of that Statement is 'PURCHASE' the Land.

The Council will help them with Planning etc but not with paying or Giving them Land.

The Only hope we have is a Land swap, Hayden Road for Land on the Rushden East development unless others know of Other Land Available.

I don't think we have much in Assets or a Sugar Daddy Family to go and Buy a parcel of Land in Rushden and build a Stadium, so it would have to be R+H and us and maybe other sporting groups in a joint venture to agree with the council for a new Stadium and Facilities unless our esteemed Chairman just won the Euro lottery the Other Night and wants to shed some of that Cash.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

After Northampton council losing millions of pounds on a football club I dont think any council should be pushing money into football clubs, especially with Brexit around the corner too.

Help with planning is fine though and good luck to them, but with their council not bothering in the past few years If I was a fan I wouldn't believe it until a brick has been laid and that will apparently be nearly 3 years away.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Adrian wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:13 pm After Northampton council losing millions of pounds on a football club I dont think any council should be pushing money into football clubs, especially with Brexit around the corner too.

Help with planning is fine though and good luck to them, but with their council not bothering in the past few years If I was a fan I wouldn't believe it until a brick has been laid and that will apparently be nearly 3 years away.
KBC won't exist in 18 months time so the apparant change of direction from them would appear to be a final chance to get some positive news out whilst they can still take the credit.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

With the current signing and the ability to purchase land and build a stadium just seven years aftet their last cva, it makes you wonder how long until the next.
K£tt£ring CVA FC rides again.
AFC R & D member number 34